Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
A lecture from you about PvP ethics has the same credibility as getting a lecture from the North Koreans about human rights....you might want to take that foot out of your mouth before you choke on it.
Seeing how upset you are about us leaving that match,I say we made the right choice.

Chainfire isn't a PvP fleet,never has been......Chainfire is made up of friends that enjoy some PvP from time to time,but we like to keep our sanity as well...you know,the thing you so clearly lost.
Funny how you mention Chainfire and FES in the same breath in the way you do,without realizing that at least one of your team mates in that match is not only part of FS but FES as well.

You want me to talk to Harrison and Tami?I bet if I asked them about you I will hear similar experiences I have with you, sending me tell after tell trying to get recognition for your 'skillz' in PvP,trying to get a slither of respect.... Truth is you have some skill in PvP,but you will never have my respect as you fail miserably at being a decent human being.
I am not giving a lecture about pvp ethics I am basically throwing your sig back in your face as who is the one cinching the toe tag now. You got so pwned you beamed. That's the worst. As far as being a decent human being you don't know jack about me in real life. You just assume based on how I choose to act playing a damn video game. Nice to know both go hand in hand. Have we ever met in real life? Cause if the answer is no then you have no business judging what kind of human being I am and you making assumptions just shows your level of ignorance on the human condition. Worst case scenario then becomes I don't owe you or anyone any kind of explanation.

As far as my contributions in ground pvp goes my numbers win or lose don't. Numbers do mostly tell the tale of a players contribution to the team. I always end up around the top in everything win or lose. Clearly I am doing something right. But since every conversation with you ends up with you either spewing exaggerations or stupidity about me I am gonna go ahead and just place you on ignore once again. Clearly I have left some kind of sour taste in your mouth as your signature on these forums is basically a troll attempt towards me which in reality tells me I have you by the -----s. So enjoy wallowing in ignorance noob. : )
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotT
You are funny, don't put yourself down Mr Bigglesworth.

For the record I've only started Ground PVP over the last few weeks. I hope to get some skills via practice but most the time I can't be bothered to PVP because its full of spawn campers, exploit using people aswell as cloakers etc etc So I have very little time for it hence my lack of skills, which I don't think is a bad thing as my toon only has like 69 000 points in Ground Skills - thats how seriously I take it.

Thanks for associating us with a bunch of spawn camping exploit using numpties like FES, thats so untrue. I don't see how kit changing is an exploit as you can only do it outside of red alert. And it bites you in the *** just as much if you get caught into combat with the wrong kit lol
I will simplify this as much as possible since you are clearly a newb to ground pvp. There are 4 kit powers in every kit for a reason. An engy using kit swap out of combat can have as many as 8 possible kit powers in play at the same time. A sci can mostly likely with the right doffs in place have 7 total benefits available with the end result being the physics kit.

To take my argument a step further tact kits used to be able to be switching to get multiple ambushes up etc... This was fixed. tacts can no longer kit swap yet the other two classes still viably can. Why is this?

Of course no game is perfect and therefore broken game mechanics and exploits will be left unchecked. Crytpic has great potential for their pvp but due to a lack of stable engine as well as sub par dev's making this game we are left with many unbalanced or broken game mechanics.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I've warped out of PVP fights, and i'm not afraid to admit it, but it's only ever for one reason. If i'm facing down a premade team and my own is either idle or stuck in a rock 50KM away, whats me incentive to stay? I can A - stay and be ***** over and over by a team of players that IMO shout not even be THERE at all, they should be looking for another premade to fight. Or, I can leave, re-que and hope the teams are at least challenging if not equal.

It sounds silly, and maybe it is frowned apon, but i'm not here to be the butt of a premade regardless or which side i'm on. In some cases the other team fights back and it's great! But 90% of the time if your facing a premade and your team are pugs, you're not going to do much. Sadly, the majority of premades that tend to kill the PVP ques are Pandas, and ironically are the ones i see trying to work out why PVP is so dead, go figure? Maybe if they tried joining in singles and pairs and possibly fighting themselves as well as other players it's be worth doing.

Not to say all Pandas are like that, some including TSI actually fight alone and more respect to them too!
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-07-2012, 11:25 AM
My philosphy on PVP.

Don't go into a fight unless you are willing to see it through the end. I will add an interesting note, I have done better when certain squishies leave. Sure there are ******ters that obviously have a major advantage in a premi and don't try to make it somewhat less one-sided for premis (ie spawn camping), but it's a more of an ******ter move to leave your team behind.

Don't start a fight you're not willing to finish and never leave your buddy behind.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONHART View Post
Don't start a fight you're not willing to finish and never leave your buddy behind.
Why reward people who stomp and spawn camp pug groups and then call them out on "bad play" through zone chat with a finished match? They haven't earned it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Well that's just it then, isn't it?

It is not about rewarding a good premade team of people who put a lot of work and effort into learning pvp mechanics.

For that matter, it isn't even about rewarding a team of premade people who might be ******s.

It's about not turning your back on the team you come in with.

I premade, I pug. Should I happen to be in a pug that is up against a premade that isn't pulling any punches and simply wants to 'break' the ques, I will never leave a match. I have been taught that you never leave anyone behind.

I almost always play as a main healer. It is part of my makeup as an individual to not leave when the going gets tough, most certainly not leave my puggers on team and throw them to the wolves. In conjunction I would be failing in my effort to teach 'younger' pvpers how to do it properly if I just rage quit. I wouldn't even be learning anything new should a pugger happen to have something to teach me. A fight is useless if there is nothing you learn or try to learn from it afterwards.

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt in PVP and I most certainly do not hold grudges as obviously one cannot assume that another individual is a 'rage quitter'.

However, as I stated above, my issue is with people that think it is alright to toss others on their own team aside. That can be considered one of the biggest differences between premis and pugs, because in a premi there is no doubt whatsoever that your buddies have your back.

Leaving your team is by far, a much worse offense in my book and it is those people that do not deserve any mercy in PVP.

In short, assume the best of others and excel through participation. Everyone starts the same. It is how they get to the point of excelling and what they do to foster the growth of the PVP community that matters. Rage quitting has no place in that ethos. Quitting has no place in that ethos.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-08-2012, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
My recommendation is to extend the STF leave penalty to PvP as well. That way if a player intentionally leaves a match before it ends, they cannon requeue for another match, STF or Fleet action. This would seriously cut down on the number of sore loosers.
The problem with the STF queue is that those same losers will stay in the game and just do nothing while the other players are giving their best.

I once encountered such an individual (on ISE) who refused to fight because of a fail start (1 or 2 players didn't know the strategy, but learned quickly and completed the 2nd transformer no problem).
So we noticed the guy just standing there and running from the spheres and cubes if they come to him by any chance.

As we asked the guy to leave because he didn't deserve any of the potential rewards out of our team effort, he said that he doesn't want the 1h penalty, but when asked to join and play he too refused because he didn't want to play with fail players. Also when told that the rest of us won't play if he doesn't we got a response: "Fine I have all day!"

Dealing with 10 year olds (by age or by character) should be more seriously dealt with by introducing Votes to Kick players and giving them penalty at the same time or something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-08-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONHART View Post
Well that's just it then, isn't it?

It is not about rewarding a good premade team of people who put a lot of work and effort into learning pvp mechanics.

For that matter, it isn't even about rewarding a team of premade people who might be ******s.

It's about not turning your back on the team you come in with.

I premade, I pug. Should I happen to be in a pug that is up against a premade that isn't pulling any punches and simply wants to 'break' the ques, I will never leave a match. I have been taught that you never leave anyone behind.

I almost always play as a main healer. It is part of my makeup as an individual to not leave when the going gets tough, most certainly not leave my puggers on team and throw them to the wolves. In conjunction I would be failing in my effort to teach 'younger' pvpers how to do it properly if I just rage quit. I wouldn't even be learning anything new should a pugger happen to have something to teach me. A fight is useless if there is nothing you learn or try to learn from it afterwards.

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt in PVP and I most certainly do not hold grudges as obviously one cannot assume that another individual is a 'rage quitter'.

However, as I stated above, my issue is with people that think it is alright to toss others on their own team aside. That can be considered one of the biggest differences between premis and pugs, because in a premi there is no doubt whatsoever that your buddies have your back.

Leaving your team is by far, a much worse offense in my book and it is those people that do not deserve any mercy in PVP.

In short, assume the best of others and excel through participation. Everyone starts the same. It is how they get to the point of excelling and what they do to foster the growth of the PVP community that matters. Rage quitting has no place in that ethos. Quitting has no place in that ethos.
Thank you for posting this.

There is another difference between Premade guys and Pugs. Premade guys/gals tend to band together, not just in the game but socially as well. You are by nature a team player. Where as the average rage quitter, is a social shut in that doesn't think of the welfare of his team mates.

"I am not a social shut in! " I am sure is a variation of a response I'm going to get and I'm almost certain that I'll also get "I have a great social life and don't feel the need to compensate for my lack of one by face stomping people!", to which I say, are you so sure about that? Getting beat in a game bothers you so bad that you'll rage quit, and abandon people to the wolves. That's not the behavior of someone that's socially well adjusted.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-08-2012, 11:39 AM
The only good reasons to leave a match are unexpected real life issues and when you are the last active combatant on the map.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-08-2012, 11:47 AM
you forgot "Call of nature"

But frankly spawn campers (almost always premades) need a new Accolade "gutless murderer"