Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovok View Post
Where did you find the wallpaper concept arts? All I saw on the website were the Unity 3d models
primarily Google image search or from year to two year old posts about the game that did the leg for for me already, saved them to my photobucket to avoid hotlinking and called it a day.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Not likely. the difference is that we bought the IP and assets from Perpetual.

However, anything we see can be used as reference in building whatever we do. So for instance, I don't think I've seen a Ferengi starbase before today, and IF I were to make one, it couldn't look just like that base, but that concept might inspire me in some way with my own design for a Ferengi base.
The Ferengi starbase, is what I would imagine -should- be "Drozana Station", since it's run by a Ferengi. It's a bit sad really, that Drozana is nothing more than a "retextured K-7".
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Not likely. the difference is that we bought the IP and assets from Perpetual.

However, anything we see can be used as reference in building whatever we do. So for instance, I don't think I've seen a Ferengi starbase before today, and IF I were to make one, it couldn't look just like that base, but that concept might inspire me in some way with my own design for a Ferengi base.
Should try playing birth of the federation game, its old but has some good ships for ferengi and cardy and other major races as well as bases.