Lt. Commander
# 11
09-21-2011, 03:50 PM
You did not say in the OP, but, Did you Submit a GM-Support-Ticket?

If not, I have a link to that in my signature.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamaggon View Post
OK so I figued I would come back to this game and it downloads fine and installs correctly from what I can tell. I run the launcher and it downloads the patches, after that it goes to the cryptic loading screen and gets about 75% to completion when the screen flashes off and back on and the game freezes up. The system itself runs fine but the game refuses to load after that. I have noticed other people have had similar problems and was hoping for some suggestions on how to fix this.

windows 7 home premium
AMD Athlon processor 2850e 1.80Ghz
3G ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6150se nForce 430 (yes I know this isn't strong enough)
Below a certain point - the game just will not load, period.

Your on-board Nvidia 6150SE just doesn't have the hardware required to run the game. Minimum specs are posted for a reason. If you have somehing lower, it's not just that it won't run the game well - there's a chance it won't run the game atr all; and I think that's the situation you have here.

I'm really not trying to be mean/nasty about it per se - just saying that when you go below the minimum specs for a game, the game may not load, and you may just want to save yourself the aggrivation/frustration of trying to get smething to work that just can't given your current setup.

Hopefully you can find something in your price range that will meet or exceed the minimum specs; and be compatible with the rest of you available hardware and power supply unit.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I updated my virus software then temporarily disabled my firewall, now STO is loading all the way up to the character screen, shouldn't have to do that to get the game to work but at least I can play again. Thanks again for the community support.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Below a certain point - the game just will not load, period.

Your on-board Nvidia 6150SE just doesn't have the hardware required to run the game. Minimum specs are posted for a reason. If you have somehing lower, it's not just that it won't run the game well - there's a chance it won't run the game atr all; and I think that's the situation you have here.

I'm really not trying to be mean/nasty about it per se - just saying that when you go below the minimum specs for a game, the game may not load, and you may just want to save yourself the aggrivation/frustration of trying to get smething to work that just can't given your current setup.

Hopefully you can find something in your price range that will meet or exceed the minimum specs; and be compatible with the rest of you available hardware and power supply unit.
I figured something like that might happen. I was already aware that this pc is "garbage" for what I want to do with it but I thought I might give it a try and see if it can do anything at all even though it is a hand-me-down. Guess I'll just go out and buy a real gaming computer once I have the cash for it. thanks for all the help and Keith I am glad you at least were able to get past all the issues. Live long and prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Yes Atleast one of got in I have been geting replys all day from there team and every thing the say to me to do does not help I even tryed there downloadable copy but still broke
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-22-2011, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_darren View Post
Thanks for the help guys, I updated my virus software then temporarily disabled my firewall, now STO is loading all the way up to the character screen, shouldn't have to do that to get the game to work but at least I can play again. Thanks again for the community support.
A couple of weeks back, Mine was Timing Out on Load, and I traced it back to my FW Blocking my access. The only way I could clear it up was to switch to the Windows FW, and Disable my Primary.
Lt. Commander
# 17 This worked for me...
05-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I was messing around with the video quality settings and after I came back later in the day it froze on the Cryptic screen at about 75% too. Just by chance I clicked the maximize button on that Cryptic screen and viola it went to my character selection screen. (BTW I was in STO safe mode) so I fixed my setting and restart STO and now it works just like before. The setting a screwed with was Half resolution ON / OFF, set it back to OFF. Funny tho when I first installed it it was set to ON, so I thought I could gain some speed by turning it ON again - found out that was not the case it just locked up my game.

Hope this helps some one. I was having a panic and I couldn't play for about 30 minutes..

Thaxton