Lt. Commander
I finally got around to tribble breeding. I've been wanting to do it for a while and all I have to say it is was a bit of a disappointment. That was expected but I wanted to see for myself. That I find a bit sad considering I had the advantages of all the breeding info provided by the community and did not have to do the trial and error. I still wouldn't recommend it at this point.

Out of all the regularly bread the best ones were Mat, Ric, Har, Nei, Yu and Zin. On their own they are good but when I think of all the special tribbles I have I would rather use them.

When I look at Tribble (Zin) for example it gives +2.5 all damage resistance and it takes a lot of waiting and work to get to him but the Triolic tribble gives +3.3 damage resistance and you can use any tribble with Comet Cocktail from Drozana to get him.

There are a few things I think can improve the desire to breed them. The first and easiest way is with an accolade. When I look at the accolade Trace Tracker, you get an accolade for having at least one of each unique particle trace. Why not have something similar for having all the different non special Tribbles.

What I would prefer to see is them bringing the Tribble breeding to the next teir. Im not saying that they need to encroach on the special Tribbles. I thinking even if it is up to +3 All damage. Or In the cases like Mat and Ric +2 all damage and +2 resistance.

I don't beleive those stats would impact c-store purchased tribbles because even if you have a tribble that can do +3% all damage, The tribble of borg has +1.5 damage resistance on top of it.

I think it might also be interesting if there were variants of the specialty tribbles you can get by feeding a special tribble certain foods. So again If you were to take the tribble of borg and feed him one type of food you might get .01% health regen and a resistance buff from being assimulated, or another one gives you 1.5 damage resistance and +3.5% melee damage vs borg which could complement the [Immunosupport Nanite Injector].

These are a few ideas. I would love to hear what the community thinks and what cryptic thinks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-04-2012, 02:38 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. I bought the collector's edition at launch which included the Rivera tribble. Unfortunately tribbles have been neglected far too long.The Crossfire tribble has an overall 3.3% damge buff and resistance but the Rivera has a +1% damage buff with a +1 damage resitance buff and a 0.01 health regeneration (Really? 0.01). The Photonic tribble has a +2 damage resistance with 0.02 health regeneration. The gamma quadrant tribble does +5% damage vs Dominion. Are we seeing a paatern here yet? The tribbles are heavily askew and in desperate need of a tune up. In the words of Stan Lee "Nuff said".
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2012, 10:17 PM
I guess tribble breeding is dead.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2012, 10:34 PM
I was really big on trible breeding back in the day before all these new ones were just handed to you. It was fun. But yeah tribble breeding now is worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I just wish it was consistent. I'd get the right food with the right tribble only to get something else than advertised. Or after several days the tribble would not eat the food. It just got too annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haglahay
I just wish it was consistent. I'd get the right food with the right tribble only to get something else than advertised. Or after several days the tribble would not eat the food. It just got too annoying.
Sometimes, a Tribble that eats a 56% food, becomes Sterile.

It's some kinda BUG that pops up from time to time.

Just get rid of that one and try with a new one.

I've been breeding them since May of 2010, it's still fun.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-07-2012, 12:28 AM
As it stands the only conventional tribbles still worth breeding are the health regen ones, as you can get better damage and damage resistance buffing ones as specials. The one problem with the Health regen tribble is the final upgrade does not seem to do anything, it has the same stats as the previous one, that needs fixing.