Lt. Commander
# 1 Strange video colour glitch
05-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Hello I recently decided to give Star Trek Online a blast and installed the game. After the Cryptic load screen and I get to the Star Treck Online menu the colour palette seems to change to almost 8bit colour (this actually changes my whole desktop when the game client has Windows focus.

I find if I hold Alt-tab to switch to another active program or just to my desktop the game's colour rights itself, Yet, when I return the screen focus back to the game client the colour drops again.

I am playing on a laptop and the specs are:

Viper III: 18.4 Body
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-2760QM (2.40GHz) 6MB
8GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY
1.5GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M - DirectX® 11
250GB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)

I have had no issues with any other games, my video drivers are fully upto date and I have no active anti-virus software.

I've tried looking online for any clues but its not easy to describe whats going on. The game almost resembles this image below (not as bad but gives you an idea).

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/10...etview8bit.png

And once again, the game looks perfect when I change the Windoes focus to something else. I've tried running the game in Safe Mode removing all the high features with still no look, I tried switching my desktop to Vista Basic. I also downloaded everything through STEAM.

I'm not sure if it has something to do with the fact that it's a mobile version of a videocard but any help would be appreciated, Visually the game looks stunning...when I'm not in it! haha.

Mark.