Lt. Commander
# 31
05-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital
each torp has a damage of over 6000 , found it useful in stf's but i would like better lol . the shields are over 12000 but do not last long
What's the pointof dps when you don't have the S ? Yes, seconds when weapons are actually firing. Beams FTW. You can add ONE torpedo / mine launcher if you really do want one, but it's not required at all.

Also, i would take a look at your bridge officers skills and personnal skills if this ship isn't as resilient as it should be. It's a good tank. You shouldn't die in most situation with it.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0
What's the pointof dps when you don't have the S ? Yes, seconds when weapons are actually firing. Beams FTW. You can add ONE torpedo / mine launcher if you really do want one, but it's not required at all.

Also, i would take a look at your bridge officers skills and personnal skills if this ship isn't as resilient as it should be. It's a good tank. You shouldn't die in most situation with it.
I'm currently running 4 turrets and two beams and cover all firing arcs. So far the only two times I have died is thanks to one shot invisitorps. She's tanky enough that I swapped some of my shield heals and buffs for other abilities as she just wasn't taking enough damage to merit all the heals I had stocked.

I run all phasers with purple MKXI tac consoles to boost my firepower. I also run the Point Defense console and with the boost she shreds most anything I come across.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
I mean, if we had broadside Torpedo launchers them MAYBE that would be a good idea but as it stands you have 4 slots that are unlikely to even fire ONCE in battle.
We have the Ferengi torpedo launcher, which works well on cruisers.

But you can only equip 1. Of course, you'd only need 1 so it's not a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmRLGates
I have been wanting to know, would the carrier work for a Tac officer who is just looking for somthing to foolaround with? Missions and normal STF's?

There was a tac in my fleet KDF side trying out a Vo'quv in an STF the other day. He kept saying the sci in the kittycarrier was doing a lot better than he was.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-07-2012, 05:46 AM
I'm pretty set up with the fighters I'm using, also the top science skills. What I'm still not sure is how I should DOFF this beauty, or the engineering slots and tactical slots. Also not set on the power settings.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-07-2012, 09:20 AM
I've been running MkXII polaron duel beam, DHC and a quantum torp on the front with all Mk XII turrets on the back with some success in the STFs.
The one thing I have found extremely useful are the runabouts though, the tractor beams are great for dealing with Probes and slowing the advance of borg BoPs and Raptors on the Kang.
It does mean that I need to concentrate on my front arc though and rely on my runabouts for support and to slow the enemy but I can still throw a lot of damage down range when I need to.

I find that as I'm using a science officer on mine I make full use of the gravity well and rift powers to try and make up for the low turn rate by slowing the enemy down long enough for me to draw a bead on them.

With Photonic Fleet, Scorpion fighters/consumable Peregrines and deploying turrets it means that I can summon a small fleet if need be to support me.

So far it has proven to be a good tank but not really a lot that I can do to help others like I normally do with my cruiser builds. It is very much a case of focusing on the task at hand and trying to help out where I can.

Overall though I'm really enjoying the change of pace and would love to have the Ferengi Missiles on her just for the rule of cool. It has been an extremely enjoyable experience though and great fun.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmRLGates
I have been wanting to know, would the carrier work for a Tac officer who is just looking for somthing to foolaround with? Missions and normal STF's?
I have 4 Fed toons, 2 Tacs, 1 Eng, and 1 Sci.

I've honestly been having the most fun with my main Tac officer on my carrier than my Sci...But that may just be because he's my main...Idk...I'm loving the carrier all around, esp loaded out with blue fighters.