Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 11
05-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Not pointing out anyone in particular but - ...
So you use the power of suggestion
Well said. CSE is one of those maps that has, at its heart, the most diverse amount of employable strategy, yet quite a few elites believe that RMMRL is the only one that guarantees success. Yesterday, I played three very different rounds of CSE that resulted in success with plenty of optional time to spare: One that I hosted employing the MRML strategy, which is my personal favorite. The second was the CSN strategy, which made life a bit tough for the Kanger, but we had lots of high-DPS guys who knew how to handle the situation. The third used the guide strategy, where you kill alll probes then kill the cubes simultaneously.

The first one was notable in that everyone made a bee-line toward the right cube instead of the middle one. I called an audible and switched back to the RMMRL, though not before the Kang took a little bit of shield damage from the left BoPs. The last two were memorable in that there were one or two people who questioned the strategies and tried to persuade the host to switch to their methods, but they were good sports, performed their duties precisely, and came away knowing that there are many ways to skin a cat.