Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Store bought ships
05-07-2012, 10:23 AM
I bought the Excelsior Cruiser back when it came out through the C-Store. When I purchased it, it said that it woudl be available to all Federation Characters on an account. I started a new character, and I just recently got her promoted to Commander, and I can't pick up my advanced heavy cruiser because I don't have enough C points. Now I remember specifically that the Tier 3 advanced heavy cruiser would also be unlocked for purchasing the refit advanced heavy cruiser. So tell me, has something changed to where I can only access my Excelsior with the character with which I originally purchased it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2012, 10:27 AM
The commander version wasn't part of the C-store purchase back then. In fact, it was never tied to a C-store purchase at all and could just be bought outright (with the catch that your commander token didn't work on it) until it was upgraded into a +1 ship. What you bought was the tier 5 version, which you will still have access to.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Delta30
I bought the Excelsior Cruiser back when it came out through the C-Store. When I purchased it, it said that it woudl be available to all Federation Characters on an account. I started a new character, and I just recently got her promoted to Commander, and I can't pick up my advanced heavy cruiser because I don't have enough C points. Now I remember specifically that the Tier 3 advanced heavy cruiser would also be unlocked for purchasing the refit advanced heavy cruiser. So tell me, has something changed to where I can only access my Excelsior with the character with which I originally purchased it?
Long story short, if you purchased a T5 Excelsior back before F2P you do not get the T3 version for free. I know that you may have thought that, but it is not true. If you want the T3 Excelsior you will need to purchase it separately.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Long story short, if you purchased a T5 Excelsior back before F2P you do not get the T3 version for free. I know that you may have thought that, but it is not true. If you want the T3 Excelsior you will need to purchase it separately.
Though this is true, I can definitely understand why he would think it, given the absolute firestorm that incident caused. I Chalk it up to just another Cryptic miss communication.

The one think that irks me about that, is that some of us had the T3 version, and got, squat.