Lt. Commander
# 1 Multiple Objectives Question
05-05-2012, 03:53 PM
I want to give my players choices. I can do this in the branching dialogue, but cannot then establish multiple objectives, optional objectives, or branching objectives to reach different goals.

For example, suppose my mission is to gather fruit. In the dialogue I can describe fruit trees, berry bushes, and melon vines. How do I set up the mission so that my player can choose to gather just one of the three? How do I set it up so that he can choose which order to gather the fruit if he wants more than one kind?

Please direct me to a tutorial for this, as my search currently returns videos of Star Trek
Convention Attendees or the generic STO tutorials.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-05-2012, 04:15 PM
There are a lot of tutorials arounnd here. Some were made very early in the development of the foundry so there may be easier ways to acheive some of them but here is a comprehensive list of tutorials made by the folks at StarbaseUGC.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/noo...torials-guide/

You'll probably want to look at all 8-parts of the Triggers tutorials as using triggers is the only way to achieve what you are aiming for.

It's not true objectives in the literal sense but it does give you flexibility in how things pay out in a single map.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-05-2012, 04:57 PM
You can get realtime help with your questions here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2012, 01:22 AM
The only way you can do this is thru triggers and area denial.
Here is a possible setup:
Place a reach marker or an invisible object which is part of the storyboard. Add text like "Collect ot least one type of fruits".
Put down four bigger boulders over that marker/invisible object so they intersect each other. This way the player can't reach it/use it for sure. You basically deny the area of the next objective from the player
The player talks to the contact. He she tells the player to pick fruits then bring them to the boulders over there for some reason.
Each boulder has a disappear trigger linked to one type of fruit. So if you pick one fruit, there will be three boulders. If you pick all three, there will be one boulder standing. It is important to have one boulder standing because that is the landmark.
If you pick any one of the three fruits, one of the four boulders gets spawned out. This allows the player to enter the next objective area, reach the marker/invisible interact object and contiue the story.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-07-2012, 06:51 PM
I did a tutorial a few months ago, of course some people decided they didn't want you to see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4SDZ2YqIc