Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
Posting this as I picked up Karemman Officer Exchange in Zeta Adromedae Sector about seven minutes before the reset, added it to the sheet and announced it in DOFFJOBS, and had a bunch of people reply back saying it wasn't there, and no one could confirm that it was.

Time on the screenshot is British Summer Time, those in DOFFJOBS at the time could verify the chat. Also, didn't notice this before, but the location is given up at the top right of the In Progress tab I'm on - which clearly specifies it was Zeta Adromedae Sector (not OPS, or even Personal, as some people suggested (didn't think that could happen)).

My guessing is that peoples memories are a bit short ( ) and it WAS on cooldown but, in case there is a bug, screenshot ( as it DID happen! :p )

Embedding the image doesn't seem to want to work for me - so here's the full size one. Quality seems to have suffered - but still readable.

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/...d/Karemman.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-01-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renyojd View Post
Posting this as I picked up Karemman Officer Exchange in Zeta Adromedae Sector about seven minutes before the reset, added it to the sheet and announced it in DOFFJOBS, and had a bunch of people reply back saying it wasn't there, and no one could confirm that it was.

Time on the screenshot is British Summer Time, those in DOFFJOBS at the time could verify the chat. Also, didn't notice this before, but the location is given up at the top right of the In Progress tab I'm on - which clearly specifies it was Zeta Adromedae Sector (not OPS, or even Personal, as some people suggested (didn't think that could happen)).

My guessing is that peoples memories are a bit short ( ) and it WAS on cooldown but, in case there is a bug, screenshot ( as it DID happen! :p )

Embedding the image doesn't seem to want to work for me - so here's the full size one. Quality seems to have suffered - but still readable.

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/...d/Karemman.jpg
Jobs gotten from the Department Head tab (which are unique to each person) also display the name of the sector they were started in when examined with the in-progress screen. So your screenshot does not actually demonstrate you got the assignment from the sector. Since absolutely no one else could reproduce its appearance, its likely you got it from your DH OPS officer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Thanks. Before I crashed out I had noticed some assignments were labeled differently from 'sector' assignments - and thought that wouldn't crossover. Checking now - those taken from the 'bridge' are labeled differently - those from the Department Heads aren't. So - yes (as I'd said online at the time) - this may have come from my (DH tab) OPS officer.

I think my confusion comes from assuming that the DH tab replicated the Bridge Assignments - many of which, last I heard, weren't unique to an individual. Indeed - the DOFFJOBS sheet lists various OPS and TAC options for assignments and, given the patch notes, I thought translated to any Officer Exchange in 'DH OPS' being a mirror of 'Bridge OPS' (which I thought was non-player-unique).

Patch notes: Added buttons to Duty Officer interface under Department Heads that allow access to your own ship interior non-static assignments.

Either the DH tab OPS officer list is player unique (as you say ), or the officer exchange doesn't follow the same rules as some others (i.e. it's player unique), or else one of the other answers.

My belief was that finding 'Officer Exchange' would mean that any other player, who had completed the required chain, and wasn't on cooldown, would be able to see the same mission, in the same sector, in the same tab/bridge location.

Anyway...
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Yeah, DH is currently bugged insofar as it doesn't show the same assignments as going to officers shipboard.

Shipboard is actually bugged insofar as shipboard assignments are shared between players of the same faction. (Heretic has confirmed this was not the intention).

So ultimately shipboard will be the same as DH, but it will be unique to each player (although you'll be able to bridge-invite people to plunder your good fortune).

But for now Shipboard is shared and announceable, but DH isn't.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks Squirrelloid - very clear explaination.

Aim: Bridge and Department Head exact match - Player unique - & Bridge invitable.

Currently: Bridge and Department Head mis-match - Non-unique Bridge - & Bridge invitable.

Lt. Commander
Yes, I had a problem with this mission. The time period expired and end of mission statement said I was awarded a purple DOFF. I went to look at it under Requested Duty Office, but nothing was there. I then look in the roster for recent recruits and again nothing. I placed a request to correct it, but the response simply said they are not reponsible for lost items. I am glad someone else had a problem with it too.