Lt. Commander
I'm having a problem getting through the Project Nightingale mission. I'm able to defend the U.S.S. Noble without any problem. But when I go after the Romulan Warbird I.R.W Rea, I get blow to bits every time I try. I get a barrage of plasma torpedoes from the Warbird and it all she wrote for my poor ship. Any tips or suggestions? I was thinking of aborting the mission to work on improving my ship and try again. Can you abort an episode mission and try it again later? Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2012, 11:47 PM
you can leave and come back yes

Right "kicking warbirds 101"

firstly this warbird is "plot" thus the damn thing hides and heals and does all kinds of nasty tricks

stay at LEAST 6k away from it (use repulsors if you have them)
Approach only from the sides (never aft if you can avoid it)
Deliver torpedo strikes (ideally plasma) and sweeping attacks then pull out of the way
When the tractor locks on use polarised hull if you have it
when the torps trigger any "rapid fire" , "Fire at will" or "spread" you have can go a long way to slowing them down.
It can't fly or fire through the shield polygons so if you need to heal put one of those between you
If you mount any sort of mines forget em

My best hints there

oh and if you can get directly UNDER her she can't torp you
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-09-2012, 10:42 PM
The most irritating thing about this mission is that, when you first try and escape, and the Rea shows up, it can't die, because you have to fight it again. What happens for me is I take it down to 0% hull strength, and instead of dying, it just sits there, not doing anything. The USS Nobel doesn't move either, it just sits there staring at the flaming warbird wreckage. Eventually I fly far enough away, it regenerates its health somewhat that it finally cloaks, and I can progress with the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-10-2012, 04:51 PM
alot of Those Missions with Thw Warbirds are tough especially The Hobus Mission! My Excelsior Retrofit did pretty good against The Warbirds and My Galaxy R with Saucer Seperation did pretty good against them as well!
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw
The most irritating thing about this mission is that, when you first try and escape, and the Rea shows up, it can't die, because you have to fight it again. What happens for me is I take it down to 0% hull strength, and instead of dying, it just sits there, not doing anything. The USS Nobel doesn't move either, it just sits there staring at the flaming warbird wreckage. Eventually I fly far enough away, it regenerates its health somewhat that it finally cloaks, and I can progress with the mission.
I had this problem several time before I realized I was attacking right away and not waiting for the hail. If you don't talk to her at first, the mission will stall.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-14-2012, 11:06 PM
It certainly would have been helpful for it to be marked as a non hostile contact when it first appears, so you can get the dialogue out of the way. My first reaction upon seeing a D'deridex class is to immediately fire everything I've got, throw on Polarise Hull, and GTFO. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-09-2012, 03:58 PM
For my 2 EC the extreme overpowered heavy plasma torps are game breaking.

Fire at Will does not always get a the torps.

All it needs is one volley and my Captain level ship goes from 100% shields and 100% hull to space debris. Frustration to tne max when you spend 10 minutes, the I R W Rea is only down to 70% hull and BOOM space debris

Devs either tone down the torpedoes or give us the ability to skip this mission
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-09-2012, 07:15 PM
You DO have the ability to skip the mission
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Save Tactical Team, Transfer Shield Strength, Brace for Impact, and Hazard Emitters for when you see it launch the Torps.

Use Tractor Beam/Grav Well to root it and get around to its side.

Use Grav Well/Tyken's Rift/Photonic Shockwave/Eject Warp Plasma/Tractor Beam Repulsors to destroy the incoming projectiles.

Run away with evasive maneuvers (keep an Engine battery on hand so you can get a boatload of speed and fix your engines with VM takes them offline).

All of these will stop your torpedo woes. Basically, go in/spawn with the expectation you'll be eating heavy torps and your finger on the trigger to counter them.
Ensign
# 10
11-09-2012, 08:18 AM
I cannot get past the Rhea. So I'm skipping until I reach Captain and I can get a better ship.

Or will that not matter?
Closed Thread