Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't Make It Through Download
01-17-2012, 09:08 PM
where is this magical hidden TORRENT file for the game/install/patch files??

I was downloading the install link for 4 hours and then my connection got interrupted. I tried to retry but it wouldn't even work? What bs. 4 hours of wasted download time. I would like to torrent the file(s) if possible but i don't see a link anywhere!! Why doesn't this downloader save the data it's already downloaded? That is such crap. Is there even a torrent file? Am I blind?? I don't have the ability to sit for 8 hours doing nothing else but waiting for this to finish...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synikk View Post
where is this magical hidden TORRENT file for the game/install/patch files??

I was downloading the install link for 4 hours and then my connection got interrupted. I tried to retry but it wouldn't even work? What bs. 4 hours of wasted download time. I would like to torrent the file(s) if possible but i don't see a link anywhere!! Why doesn't this downloader save the data it's already downloaded? That is such crap. Is there even a torrent file? Am I blind?? I don't have the ability to sit for 8 hours doing nothing else but waiting for this to finish...
At this time, there isn't one. PWE/Cryptic may add the option for torrent download in the future, as all existing PWE games currently utilize a torrent download.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2012, 04:07 PM
You should just have to run the setup you downloaded again and it should pickup where it left off.

Exactly what happens you you do that?
Lt. Commander
# 4 agreed
05-08-2012, 07:40 PM
i have tried more than once in recent months to download the client for this game. the download starts, runs for a few seconds, goes slower and slower, and stops after about 60 seconds.

i can stop the download and resume it, and the same thing happens. tonight i've done that seven times, and have downloaded just over 18 meg, out of the 3500 meg needed.

i've tried some of the alternate download sites -- the download runs for two minutes and then says it's done! 3.5 gig in two minutes?? nope - unexpected end of file, file is corrupt. had this happen four different times.

this is almost a brand new computer, i've only had it a few months. i seem to remember having similar problems trying to download this on my last pc, too.

don't have any problem with WoW downloads and updates, or with sites like Hulu. i guess i'm just not meant to play this game.
Ensign
# 5
12-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
i have tried more than once in recent months to download the client for this game. the download starts, runs for a few seconds, goes slower and slower, and stops after about 60 seconds.

i can stop the download and resume it, and the same thing happens. tonight i've done that seven times, and have downloaded just over 18 meg, out of the 3500 meg needed.

i've tried some of the alternate download sites -- the download runs for two minutes and then says it's done! 3.5 gig in two minutes?? nope - unexpected end of file, file is corrupt. had this happen four different times.

this is almost a brand new computer, i've only had it a few months. i seem to remember having similar problems trying to download this on my last pc, too.

don't have any problem with WoW downloads and updates, or with sites like Hulu. i guess i'm just not meant to play this game.

Im having the same truble. i the box that asks me if i want to instal the game and then a spinning circle and then nothing. i checked the task manager and there is nothing there, but under systems it shows STO as active.
Ensign
# 6
06-22-2013, 05:13 PM
I resorted to downloading it via steam as the launcher would not load for me. Once it was downloaded through steam I discovered that on my laptop with the dual intel/nvidia graphics card you have to set the launcher (Star Trek Online.exe) to run on intel, and the game (game client.exe) to run on nvidia you can set this up via the nvidia control panel

Well this worked for me, happy gaming