Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-07-2012, 02:22 PM
The Aquarius and HoH'SuS will not likely appear, as pets.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJamz View Post
The Aquarius and HoH'SuS will not likely appear, as pets.
Not even as a non-combat pet?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Hmm. Devious C-Store bean counter thought: How about a pet that requires you to own the Odysseus and the Atrox Carrier? Collector's feel a little reward, carrier fans may end up paying extra for access to the pets.
I could get behind that. Maybe make it a 'free' item too
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-07-2012, 03:39 PM
at first i was going to say that's not gonna happen because half of the kdf pets are tied to what c store carrier ships you have bought. but then i remembered that the Aquarius is already similarly tied to a c store ship, so it would be nearly the same thing.

i think those 2 flagship pets are significantly more dangerous then any pet a carrier is capable of carrying, its a level above all of those. so ya a bunch of those from a bunch of carriers would be further overkill.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJamz View Post
The Aquarius and HoH'SuS will not likely appear, as pets.
Sounds like you're implying that they may show up as flyable ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
at first i was going to say that's not gonna happen because half of the kdf pets are tied to what c store carrier ships you have bought. but then i remembered that the Aquarius is already similarly tied to a c store ship, so it would be nearly the same thing.
Bboth have a rather unique docking mechanism that is exclusive to their motherships, they cannot be used by carriers as they are not designed to dock with anything outside their motherships.

Quote:
i think those 2 flagship pets are significantly more dangerous then any pet a carrier is capable of carrying, its a level above all of those. so ya a bunch of those from a bunch of carriers would be further overkill.
Well they are because they are buffed due to not being controllable by the player in any way or form and also because if destroyed you cannot just launch another, it have to redock and then comes a long timer before you can launch it again.

In they were carrier Hangars this would be like summoning 4 T2/3 ships using Mk XI weapons and losing one would just mean a 40 second timer or less.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helixsunbringer
and they would make the Aquarius Escort a Carrier Pet because? You do realize that the Aquarius Escort is supposed to be one of the primary reasons for a person to buy the Odyssey Starships. It is supposed to be a unique feature of that ship. If the Aquarius Escort suddenly started showing up on other starships, then that would in effect mean that the whole reason for buying that particular version of the Odyssey has been nullified. It would kind of be like taking the Worker Bee's off the Odyssey and shunting them onto the Sovereign Class Starship. It just won't be done.
I buy the oddyssey pack for the different ships. I try all of them and now I use the tactical version.

On that version I have the three special consoles. If I still use them is beacouse that reduce recharge time from work bee, and the three consoles give half turn console.

I use more the saucer separation than aquarius. Aquarius is the most unusefull thing (on STF always die on few time).

I still thinking about remove that console but, the rest of "pack" still doing that console still on my ship.

I no have problem with see the aquarius on Atrox, but she is to big to serve aboard of Atrox.

For my Aquarius have more sense as a new escort type for tier 3+1 or even tier 4.


Thanks to everybody for the fun, sorry for my bad english.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-07-2012, 06:54 PM
I compared the tac oddys Aquarius to m y defiant one day and they are roughly the same size. (Aquarius being slightly smaller)

So it's a little big to be coming out of the same hangar as the deltas, peregrines, and danubes wouldn't you say?

If anything the Aquarius should be a skin for the defiant, or a new playable escort. (maybe something you get at commander?)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-08-2012, 02:59 AM
I'm not saying no to a frigate here, I'm saying no to the Aquarius.

As far as I'm concerned the Aquarius is built as part of an Odyssey even the ones that don't have the console still have it graphically connected to the ship.

It would be like asking for a Saucer Section as a Launchable or flyable ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlross
I compared the tac oddys Aquarius to m y defiant one day and they are roughly the same size. (Aquarius being slightly smaller)

So it's a little big to be coming out of the same hangar as the deltas, peregrines, and danubes wouldn't you say?

If anything the Aquarius should be a skin for the defiant, or a new playable escort. (maybe something you get at commander?)
heck no you could put 4 in each hanger. I had a friends defiant park beside my carrier and i could of parked it in the hanger easy so i can see 4 of them in it if you launch 2 each hanger at a time and drop the other 2 lol . But i agree we need the equivalant of the bop, but keep that give me siphon drones already
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:31 PM.