Lt. Commander
I would like to have more opportunities to fight a competent foe (instead of a very dumb AI) in 1v1.

Yes, I know, I know, private challenge yadda yadda. But an actual queue would be so much more easy to use.

Edit: 1v1 fights are also a lot more iconic in Star Trek - ost space fights on the shows were 1v1.

Does anyone else share this opinion?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2012, 10:41 AM
or a 1 v 2 Pvp queue ?
Two lt commanders vs 1 captain
Two commanders Vs 1 RA
Two Captains vs a VA
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2012, 10:56 AM
You can challenge other players to private matches. That seems pretty close to what you're asking.

Of course, trying to do it when you have all just warped into one of the Borg Red Alert dailies, when the guy has just flown to attack a group of ships is really not the best time to keep trying to challenge him. As someone tried with me last night. Ended up distracting me too much and I asploded. EVERYWHERE!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak
You can challenge other players to private matches. That seems pretty close to what you're asking.
[...]
No, really? If only I had mentioned that in my original post... oh wait, I have! :p

A queue is a queue because you don't challenge, but queue.

As it currently stands, the Arena queues are terrible - once you run into people who focus their fire 5v1 and do that in a coordinated way, your side has lost and it is not a fight, but a rather boring massacre actually. Healing on another won't help much, because that is reactive and focus fire kills the target in 1 or two seconds, which is, well... too short to react. Who hasn't seen this happen in Arena PvP?

1v1 or 2v2 fights, however, are an entirely different thing. They are exciting, reward personal preparedness and alertness, and will reproduce Star Trek battles from the shows with their overall feeeling if people are even remotely on a similar level.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Id like to see ALL PVP be rolling Pug (no teams , no fleets , no mercenaries and no premades)
But thats just me
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
No, really? If only I had mentioned that in my original post... oh wait, I have! :p

A queue is a queue because you don't challenge, but queue.

Woops. That's what I get for posting while half asleep.

Yeah, I get what you're saying now. It would be a nice addition.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-09-2012, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
I would like to have more opportunities to fight a competent foe (instead of a very dumb AI) in 1v1.

Yes, I know, I know, private challenge yadda yadda. But an actual queue would be so much more easy to use.

Edit: 1v1 fights are also a lot more iconic in Star Trek - ost space fights on the shows were 1v1.

Does anyone else share this opinion?
I can imagine it now...

Two cruisers with pilots of the same skill in the same "get 15 kills" match. No team to use focus fire to wear one or the other down. Hours spent getting the first kill. Only 14 more to go. A never ending spiraling death match. Followed by cries of Cruisers need to do more DPS in the forums.

I have ruminated on the notion. Challenge is enough. So no I do not share your opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Only if joining as Cruiser counts as griefing. :p

(Carrier is probably also not so great. Depending on the Carrier Type. Science I am not sure about, but I have my doubts.)