Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Azurian, are you talking about the 1st assignment, "Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities" or the repeatable assignment "Negotiate Delivery of Additional Rare Commodities"

If it is the former, one possible explanation is that the mission is level limited - your character must be a certain level to begin the mission. Also, once you complete that mission is never shows up again. So not only do you not see it again, but all of the players you communicate with *who have completed it* do not see it, as well.

If you are looking for the repeatable mission, then I can't really offer an explanation to your problem, as it is available nearly every cycle.



*edit*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-08-2012, 10:21 AM
It's definitely not a case of me or anyone else not caring about checking reports of missing assignments. It's just an issue of triage, and this is an area where we get a lot of reports, a very large majority of which wind up being either the fickle nature of random number generators or someone looking in the wrong place or being the wrong level.

That being said, as I have time I will certainly check into this, especially for assignments or availabilties that have been tweaked recently. Since the vast majority of my time has lately been subsumed in working on fleet advancement and starbases, there have been very few changes to any assignments, let alone the specific ones mentioned.

The system is, however, very complicated with a lot of moving pieces which sometimes interact in...unexpected ways. That being the case, I am never going to rule out of hand any reports such as these.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
FYI: Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities will be in Betreka Nebula for the next hour and 30 minutes. I just picked it up and verified its appearance myself.

There are also reports that Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities can be found in Betreka AND Zenas currently as well. I can't verify those reports since I've already completed the mission, so YMMV.

If you go there within the hour and still do not see either mission then you could be bugged.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-08-2012, 02:03 PM
You also won't see it if the cool down hasn't expired.
I'm sure of this, I've seen it by sending multiple characters to the area where one found it and having some get it while others could not.
A perfect example if this occured for me yesterday when I found it in the Zenas expanse, only 2 could pick it up again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
It's definitely not a case of me or anyone else not caring about checking reports of missing assignments. It's just an issue of triage, and this is an area where we get a lot of reports, a very large majority of which wind up being either the fickle nature of random number generators or someone looking in the wrong place or being the wrong level.

That being said, as I have time I will certainly check into this, especially for assignments or availabilties that have been tweaked recently. Since the vast majority of my time has lately been subsumed in working on fleet advancement and starbases, there have been very few changes to any assignments, let alone the specific ones mentioned.

The system is, however, very complicated with a lot of moving pieces which sometimes interact in...unexpected ways. That being the case, I am never going to rule out of hand any reports such as these.
I understand that it may very well be random and that the system is very complex. However, there is something wrong if it does not show up for some ppl (and I have the same problem on one of my characters). Weather it being bad odds or a bug, player frustration is the same.

Hence, while I like some item cration DOFF missions, really crafting should be done at the keyboard by adding x and Y to make z. If this is than also a system where quality matters, even better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Just funny Crim that people said the same exact thing that wanted to be fixed after I quit PvPing... just saying.



I'm sorry, but given that others have had legitimately had problems finding other DOFF missions in the past, I think it's their responsibility to actually investigate that this isn't happening with this Toy chain.
Pvp is bit of a spam feast atm so I wouldn't mind some of your classics posts now

I did get the mission at BN this morning first thing I did was to check to see if you were online. Sadly you weren't.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfman View Post
I understand that it may very well be random and that the system is very complex. However, there is something wrong if it does not show up for some ppl (and I have the same problem on one of my characters). Weather it being bad odds or a bug, player frustration is the same.

Hence, while I like some item cration DOFF missions, really crafting should be done at the keyboard by adding x and Y to make z. If this is than also a system where quality matters, even better.
THANK YOU! Now I know I'm not alone and others can no longer say I'm making this up!

Not sure why or what, but I recall I was one of the people stuck on Step 2 with the original Children's Toys release and who knows, perhaps when they gave out those free alien artifacts it bugged the timers.\\


Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
It's definitely not a case of me or anyone else not caring about checking reports of missing assignments. It's just an issue of triage, and this is an area where we get a lot of reports, a very large majority of which wind up being either the fickle nature of random number generators or someone looking in the wrong place or being the wrong level.

That being said, as I have time I will certainly check into this, especially for assignments or availabilties that have been tweaked recently. Since the vast majority of my time has lately been subsumed in working on fleet advancement and starbases, there have been very few changes to any assignments, let alone the specific ones mentioned.

The system is, however, very complicated with a lot of moving pieces which sometimes interact in...unexpected ways. That being the case, I am never going to rule out of hand any reports such as these.
Thank you for looking into it. That's all I ask.

Just ashame little glitches can occur like that. Guess you can't have the DOFF system too complex, so perhaps the alien devices should be rethought, like a special drop off some Mob. Perhaps the CE in order to get people to fight it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
Pvp is bit of a spam feast atm so I wouldn't mind some of your classics posts now

I did get the mission at BN this morning first thing I did was to check to see if you were online. Sadly you weren't.
Sorry, done with PvP in STO at least til they implement Territorial PvP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-09-2012, 08:33 AM
You still haven't said which assignment you are looking for - is it "Negotiate Delivery" or "Negotiate Additional?"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 PM.