Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
On quite a few night skies on ground maps, the moon is transparent. Can this be fixed? Do you need a list of each map that contains a transparent moon, or is this unavoidable for some reason?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
On quite a few night skies on ground maps, the moon is transparent. Can this be fixed? Do you need a list of each map that contains a transparent moon, or is this unavoidable for some reason?
Hmm. If you give me a couple examples, that might be enough.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-09-2012, 06:47 PM
I've seen that many many times but never felt like reporting it. I always imagined it the moon texture was behind the sky texture, so the stars weren't coming through the moon, they were layered over the moon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Hmm. If you give me a couple examples, that might be enough.

Thanks!
Several of the ones labelled with the word "night" contain these transparent moons. Basically, if you look for a sky map, thinking "I want to make this map as dark as possible," then you will find the transparent moons within a few minutes. I hope that helps. If you want an exact sky dome name, then I'll log in and get one.

But you should find them on any sky layers that are "pitch black" with stars.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Thank you for the quick replies. Our QA guys found about 4 skies like this.

If you know there are more than 4, feel free to respond with sky names. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Thank you for the quick replies. Our QA guys found about 4 skies like this.

If you know there are more than 4, feel free to respond with sky names. Thanks!
4 is probably right, but I'll double-check. Thanks for the response.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 PM.