Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
And what's the settings for it? I've been running with TNG movie uniforms and whatever looked cool for a while now, but I'm thinking of getting a proper uniform tailored for my crew and I.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisterbabylon View Post
And what's the settings for it? I've been running with TNG movie uniforms and whatever looked cool for a while now, but I'm thinking of getting a proper uniform tailored for my crew and I.
If you want to be completely technical, there is none, as the game's backstory says that Starfleet now allows multiple uniform variants. I can only assume this is to allow player customization, otherwise the game would feel... well... uniform. :p

However...

If you go by most of the promotional art (For example, the banner at the top of the forums, or the stuff in videos, the homepage, etc) and the uniforms seen in the official Star Trek 2009 "countdown" prequel comic, then the uniform that seems most appropriate as the "official" variant for officers is "Sierra 1" in the tailor.

Blackavaar's guide to canon colours is a good resource for the appropriate colour schemes, and one I refer to almost every time I'm at the tailor. It's even been permanently pinned to the top of the Academy sub-forum by the devs.

I hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-09-2012, 11:04 PM
I use Sierra 1 (colour layout 2) as my 'futuristic' version of the TNG series uniform. Colour layout 1 works as a 'futuristic' version of the early DS9 uniform. I use Blackavaar's excellent canon uniform guide to select the correct TNG era colours for the Sierra 1 uniforms, as the default ones are not quite right.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-09-2012, 11:21 PM
No. We play in the Cantina with multi-coloured clown suites.

Player customization has gone overboard and its very un-Starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the input, it definitely helped me out! I shall be using Black's Sierra 1 settings then.

Just doing my bid to bring some Starfleet back to Starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-10-2012, 05:05 AM
we have seen the uniform that is cannon for the games time era look here : http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star...28alternate%29 i know some people consider the 2390 to 2420 uniforms to be from timelines that dont come to be but you see that uniform in 3 of the TV show TNG, DS9 and Voyager when ever they show the time period STO is set in
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-10-2012, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokreaper View Post
we have seen the uniform that is cannon for the games time era look here : http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star...28alternate%29 i know some people consider the 2390 to 2420 uniforms to be from timelines that dont come to be but you see that uniform in 3 of the TV show TNG, DS9 and Voyager when ever they show the games time period officers
Agreed - so far as I am concerned, that uniform happened. It appeared in the future of three different timelines, therefore it is as good as a fixed occurence.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokreaper View Post
we have seen the uniform that is cannon for the games time era look here : http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star...28alternate%29 i know some people consider the 2390 to 2420 uniforms to be from timelines that dont come to be but you see that uniform in 3 of the TV show TNG, DS9 and Voyager when ever they show the time period STO is set in
Interesting... And these aren't listed in Black's post. I don't suppose we have a uniform which we can reproduce that black hem running across the chest, do we?
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisterbabylon View Post
Interesting... And these aren't listed in Black's post. I don't suppose we have a uniform which we can reproduce that black hem running across the chest, do we?
the 2390 to 2420 uniform is in game but its in the Cstore listed as the "All good things" uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-10-2012, 07:31 AM
I use the All Good Things uniform for myself and all of my boffs as this was shown to be the uniform standard of the "alternate" time line. Alternate only in Picard's outlook on things. The Klingons still broke away from the alliance and went to war with the Federation, the Dreadnought is still around, Crusher's science (medical) vessel appears in the game, Surpassing Warp 10 is a thing of the past, so why not?
Closed Thread