Lt. Commander
# 21
03-18-2009, 05:47 PM
I really enjoyed the change of pace offered by the interview format... I think that offering us a variety of different tidbits is an excellent way to build up to the final release. I'd love to see further interviews/conversations with characters on the Klingon and Starfleet sides of things.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-18-2009, 05:58 PM
that was a really interesting read indeeed wasn't expecting that kind of thing but did like the read and really well done at that
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Thank you for this.

As others have said, this `supplemental' approach not only gives us something to enjoy while waiting between official timeline "Path To ..." updates, but the supplemental information has a different focus to it; it can focus in on details which aren't necessarily crucial to the larger context of the game.

Well done, and the characterization of Ms. Hansen read as spot-on to me. If only the Voyager writers had consistently treated the character so well.

I take it that Cryptic's "interviewer" here was Kestrel, yes?

In any case, thanks again all. Much appreciated.

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Wow. Very interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
That was an interesting read, I liked the interview format of the entry, Surprisingly enjoyable to read, keep 'em comin.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-18-2009, 06:45 PM
I have to admit, it's really too bad they showed a battle between Federation and Borg vessels in the trailer. If they had omitted the borg from the trailer in favor of Klingon/Federation battles, fed us this commentary and then shortly after game release, snuck a borg cube into the game to scare some poor unsuspecting player captain plum out of his mind...THAT would have been truely forboding.

As it is, thanks to the trailer, we all know the Borg are coming...they may already be here when we start playing.

It would have been much cooler to have a surprise visit from the Borg a while after game release. Give the players a chance to explore the galaxy, buildup resources, become familiar with the game and its mechanics and then have a colony or two vanish off the face of a world, sparking the tell-tale sign of impending disaster.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_riker01 View Post
I have to admit, it's really too bad they showed a battle between Federation and Borg vessels in the trailer. If they had omitted the borg from the trailer in favor of Klingon/Federation battles, fed us this commentary and then shortly after game release, snuck a borg cube into the game to scare some poor unsuspecting player captain plum out of his mind...THAT would have been truely forboding.

As it is, thanks to the trailer, we all know the Borg are coming...they may already be here when we start playing.

It would have been much cooler to have a surprise visit from the Borg a while after game release. Give the players a chance to explore the galaxy, buildup resources, become familiar with the game and its mechanics and then have a colony or two vanish off the face of a world, sparking the tell-tale sign of impending disaster.
Well, then again, it is kind of unnerving to know simply that they definitely are coming; we just don't know when or where. You could still be on a mission to transport an ambassador or something when all of a sudden a transwarp corridor opens up on top of you and a Cube starts tearing you apart.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I enjoyed the read Awen, so how often will the suplementals be shared with the masses? Also, is the "Cryptic Inquirer" going to interview impact personalities within the Romulan, Klingon, and (my favorite) Cardassian societies or just Federation?
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-18-2009, 08:09 PM
i love the borg story lines.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Resistance is futile, your technological and biological components...

I think a threat isn't related like such things as Wolf 359 were the reason for building the USS Defiant. 7 of 9 will do good at the Daystom institue. Maybe a transwarp conduit alike the one Cpt. Janeway had used could improve.

I'm no one of the people who are scared of the Borg cuz the Dominion kept the Federation busy when the USS Voyager was in the Delta Quadrant. The Dominion was the cause why the Fed become esential in the morality, technology & the fleet. From the Borg we had learned to be ready for such build up military presence within things like timetravelling or ships like the Luna class. That leads to allies like the Romulans were at the dusk of the Dominion War & tensions with the Klingons could push their hostilaty again our allies.

Eventhough you could say Borg don't experience time as it passes for humons. Or the remaining collective plans to get mankind in the grasp by underminding before Warp capable.