Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
When using the mission from any of the 4 npc's on Starfleet Acadamy, I have a number of Uncommon rated duty officers that cannot be assigned. Some are bound, and some are not, some that can be used are ensign's, and some that cannot be used are also ensign's. I have not been able to figure out why I can slot some of them, and yet end up with a bunch I cannot use.
There are two duty officers, as an example, that are 100% identical except for name, and yet I can slot one of them, but not the other. Any info, or suggestions to fix this would be greatly appreciated, currently sitting on 26 Duty officers, that can NOT be reassigned.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Are any of them on assignment? I had the same problem - had duty officers but they wouldn't let me reassign...but it turned out they were busy with an assignment I sent them on.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstrosity22
Are any of them on assignment? I had the same problem - had duty officers but they wouldn't let me reassign...but it turned out they were busy with an assignment I sent them on.

Nope, none are on assignment. Even played with the status drop down, and they are listed in the unslottable category, even though they fullfill all requirements for the reassignment mission.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicboy55
Nope, none are on assignment. Even played with the status drop down, and they are listed in the unslottable category, even though they fullfill all requirements for the reassignment mission.
Active duty perhaps? If they're one of your active duty doffs that would prevent it as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-10-2012, 01:21 AM
None are on active duty, they simply are unslottable for some strange reason.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-11-2012, 09:30 AM
This is happening to me as well, not only does my roster disappear when I attempt to manually find doffs to replace, but now the reassignment missions are 'stuck' in my 'personal' assignment list, and now i can't see any doffs under the 'Duty Officer' tab, like they're all invisible or something... I'll wait for the assignment refresh to (hopefully) remove the (now stacking) reassignment missions, maybe if i log off and re-log later my doffs will become visible again... here's hoping
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2012, 05:29 AM
There is some difference in behavior between the DOff interfaces when you access it normally by clicking the small 'people' icon beneath the minimap, and when you access it by 'speaking' to one of the personnel officers.

For example, in the upper right corner of each listed DOff's box, the normal interface shows tiny icons for the traits and a small blue bound icon (if applicable) when you access the Duty Officer folder and select the roster tab on the left to list all of your DOffs..

The PO interface pre-filters some things when you select the type of re-assignment you want. For example if you want to reassign uncommon DOffs for a rare DOff, the recommendations and the display entire roster option will only display 'reserve status' green uncoomon DOffs to choose from. DOffs on assignment and on active duty are filtered out. I do not recommend trying to change the filters to track down missing DOffs in the PO version of the interface. Does not seem to work well for me.

The PO interface lists groups of DOffs with a small exclamation point icon in the lower right corner pf each DOff's box, instead of the trait icons. Click that and you go to the individual DOff's dossier which lays out the traits, but which also seems to have the word 'bound' in the upper right corner for every DOff - even DOffs which are not shown as bound in the normal interface.

My advice? Don't try to do a lot of searching and sorting in the PO DOff interface. Could get frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicboy55
None are on active duty, they simply are unslottable for some strange reason.
I, too, have the same problem. For example, my Klingon character has 168 remaining non-photonic Uncommons which are not on any sort of assignment. None, yes, not a single one can be reassigned! And there are plenty that are unbound. The list is now completely empty, after I reassigned the only 10 that the game would permit me to.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-24-2012, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolfe59
I, too, have the same problem. For example, my Klingon character has 168 remaining non-photonic Uncommons which are not on any sort of assignment. None, yes, not a single one can be reassigned! And there are plenty that are unbound. The list is now completely empty, after I reassigned the only 10 that the game would permit me to.
I see the same thing with my batch of uncommons. For me the work around is to do the rare grinder up to the point that you hit the Start button. Cancel it and the commons should be good to go.