Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-09-2012, 02:45 AM
At least, grinding ground stfs for awesome costumes is still fun. I hope season six brings up so much wanted pvp changes. The one they importing from unannounced game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-09-2012, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
I remember the days when you had to uninstall games ("delete" at that time, there were no fancy uninstall routines) to make room for new ones because the ~100MB hard drive would only hold so much data.

I think these days you usually don't have to uninstall old games to make room for new ones.
Not me! I'm still running on a bargain bin hard drive that's only got 40gb on it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-09-2012, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
They really need to find a new systems team. That's all there is to it.

Start by letting Captain Gecko go. He has absolutely no idea what he's doing. Who knows, maybe some of them are competent and it's just that one guy at the top screwing everything up.
Didn't you get the memo? Some companies promote the morons to get them out of their department.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Does anyone know what the actual values for the Blue Runabouts are now?

I've been hearing that they have the equivalent of TB 2.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Does anyone know what the actual values for the Blue Runabouts are now?

I've been hearing that they have the equivalent of TB 2.
Smash and grab boys. ya'll know the deal.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemotherapy
I can't imagine why they'd feel the need to buff the tb pets. Were they weak in PvE or something?
they probably were cuz most pvers don't know how to play the game, they just shoot and shoot and shoot, don't use skills or anything, they don't even use consumables
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I wouldn't overvalue this patch note. Basically, they fixed a bug that they probably saw already when they were releasing th Runabout Pets - the Tractor Beam on the rare ones wasn't batter as the one on the uncommon ones. So they pushed this little fix.

This change has nothing to do with ignoring our feedback, but only with them catching up to some bugs they may have known longer than we have had the Catrrier. That doesn't mean they'll listen to our feedback, of course, and rebalance the Tractor Beam eventually, but this particular patch is not a sign either way.

Though it is a sign that the Runabouts may get worse for the next few weeks.

100 MB? I had only 40 MB? 60 MB with doublespace!

I also remember the days when the Sierra uninstaller deleted my entire C:\Games directory, instead of just uninstalling its Sierra specific games.
LOL they were making it sure you couldn't play any game after you uninstalled theirs
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-09-2012, 10:11 PM
I've been a Star Trek fan since it first aired. I remember being astonished by the uniform colors when it started to play in reruns on independent TV stations, because we had a Black and White before then. I remember buying every crappy game and watching every disappointing movie with the Star Trek title because I wanted to love the new stuff as much as I loved the original series.

STO has a lot of potential for greatness, but like most Star Trek titles, it's falling far short of what it could be. PvP and Foundry are the last corners of the STO Universe that hold hope for a brighter future. I want to hope. I want to love the new Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakuzma View Post
LOL they were making it sure you couldn't play any game after you uninstalled theirs
No, it just never occured to them that some people would not install to their default path (which was something like C:\Sierra Games\GameName). Shortsighted frackers.