Lt. Commander
so guys, if u don't want us to FLY through content, aka
you want us to grind vault 96 times for one char,

and you also don't have the time/resources to give us a 12 hour cooldown per char

why don't you just let us do the vault anytime for DATALOGS FRAGMENTS - one per run,
which then have to be DOFFed 3,5 (idk) pieces a time to get a whole datalog?

The gated events with a whole datalog as reward would stay as they are.

I like the fact that the timings rotate.

That way people with families/jobs could also give it a try WHENEVER they want..
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-09-2012, 04:13 PM
i refuse to run the vault. it's only available for 1 hour, twice a day, and without fail it's 1 or 2 in the afternoon in my time zone while i'm at work, or 3 am while i'm sleeping before going to work.

i'm sorry, but that's not gated content, that's severely restricted access.

either you need to be able to aquire several datalogs, like 10 or so, in that hour, or if left at 1 per run then it needs to be available with an hours cooldown like the STFs.

given how many datalogs it takes to go aquire the Mk XI blue set and then upgrade it all the way to Mk XII purple, and accounting for the fact that i can only reasonably run the vault 1 and sometimes 2 hours a week, for an hour at a time, allowing 15-20 minutes a pug run, i'm looking at the bigger chunk of a year to complete the reman prototype set.

i don't care if the purple Mk XII version is better than borg, omega, maco, and aegis all put together, it's not worth the time it would take for me to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-09-2012, 09:49 PM
I'd actually really love to play The Vault event. I have an alt who is a Romulan exile, and I'd love to get his ship outfitted in the Romulan/Remen set. Trouble is, I have never been able to play it, because the even is almost never active when I'm playing. If it is, I always notice it too late to get over there, or I notice that it's starting soon, but end up stuck in a mission, or distracted by something else. Long story short, these time gated missions need to stop, and be available all the time.

I've also never played a Mirror Universe or Defera Invasion event for the same reason.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-10-2012, 02:38 AM
And what about large vessels INSIDE the Vault?
Today I saw an Odyssey cruiser and a Bortasqu' in a same place.

Too much firepower for nothing, Rirek's ship had hull breach twice. In the first room!

We need more narrow areas or the Vault will be renamed to "The Kobayashi Maru Event" with the "Bad Player" accolade.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-10-2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deachet View Post
And what about large vessels INSIDE the Vault?
Today I saw an Odyssey cruiser and a Bortasqu' in a same place.

Too much firepower for nothing, Rirek's ship had hull breach twice. In the first room!

We need more narrow areas or the Vault will be renamed to "The Kobayashi Maru Event" with the "Bad Player" accolade.
yes the queue and whole event has many bugs.
for example if u create a queue dont let anyone invite, cause the queue can get bugged and youll have to restart. the invites had to be made by only the person who created queue.

i love the vault.
and it is possible to do 6 runs a hour, 5 certainly!
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths View Post
yes the queue and whole event has many bugs.
for example if u create a queue dont let anyone invite, cause the queue can get bugged and youll have to restart. the invites had to be made by only the person who created queue.

i love the vault.
and it is possible to do 6 runs a hour, 5 certainly!
it doesn't matter how many runs you can get in 1 hour if that hour is never available at a reasonable time in your time zone.

either they need to drastically increase the number of reman datalogs per run, or make it available at any time and just give it a cooldown. i also really enjoyed running the vault, the one time i was awake at 3 AM and decided to log for a few minutes and check my stuff on the exchange instead of going back to sleep, and it was actually up.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-10-2012, 06:59 AM
I agree, no more gated content, especially when there isn't enough to do.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-10-2012, 07:07 AM
actually , the gated events ROTATE so you should be able to play it at least 2-3 times a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by eithris
it doesn't matter how many runs you can get in 1 hour if that hour is never available at a reasonable time in your time zone.

either they need to drastically increase the number of reman datalogs per run, or make it available at any time and just give it a cooldown. i also really enjoyed running the vault, the one time i was awake at 3 AM and decided to log for a few minutes and check my stuff on the exchange instead of going back to sleep, and it was actually up.
this is what im suggesting.
let the events be, they are OK, PWE wants this, let them have it.

but open vault and every other upcoming gated event for playing 24 hours a day -
with MINOR rewards -

so you'll get only 1/3 of the rewards and these you'll have to process through DOFF system to get one piece of the BIG GATED FEATURED EVENT reward..

i know my english is bad, hope u understand what i mean.

ps - im stil 29 datalogs away from my MK XII very rare set on the first character - supposing the DOFF missions will not fail :/
hoping to get another 5-6 today in the evening..
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-10-2012, 07:12 AM
The Vault should be limited to datalogs a day, with bonus chips for getting it in the hour.

That way you have a chance to get the 96 chips you need. Yeah 96, 3 for XI, 10 for XII, 20 for XII. Remember you get the Shield from Coliseum.

I got 3 datalogs back from a failure to make the Deflector so I'm hoping at 10 and 20 you still get them back.