Lt. Commander
# 11
05-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Nice Great job to the runner ups and a tie?
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-09-2012, 10:19 PM
my mission is going just to be a lockbox and you have to find the key but you will need 2000 Cpoints to enter the instance lol bahaahaaaahaaaa!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Thank you to all of the entrants! It was a pleasure to play your missions. Congratulations to the winners!
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-10-2012, 07:46 AM
what did they win?
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Wow I am humbled.
You are all so cool!
Thank you very very much.

Grazorak City was first conceived in 1984 in a table-top StarTrek based RP game I used to gamemaster. So i had the advantage of having fleshed out characters with rich histories already in place. It also isn't your run-of-the-mill mission, it's REALLY open-ended, so you can play it one way and fly through it in 4 minutes, or play it another way and have a completely different experience that lasts hours. I took a risk using that style, because if the mission runs longer than an hour you aren't supposed to vote for it. I know for a fact that I lost votes because of that, because some people said they were forced to do that. I'm just happy they enjoyed it because I didn't expect to win due to this reason.

However, I got lucky I think, and enough people played it in under an hour, and apparently enjoyed it enough to vote for it. I also write short stories, and writing a Foundry mission is a lot like writing a short story. The mission has to be interesting, not just a shootem-up, at least in my opinion.

I want to thank you all again. This was very cool! I also want to say that I played all of the competing missions, and there wasn't a bad one in the bunch. I hope each of you will give them a shot. Each of them was written by a talented individual, and in my opinion, all of them are first-place material.

Be well everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Congratulations!
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Congrats to the winners. If you can make me an ad 255 x 255 pixels, then I'll put the ad on the sidebar of sbugc.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-11-2012, 05:45 PM
The lack of replys should tell you by now that most dont seem to care about playing Foundry missions, i think the Authors need more material to work with etc, as for the winners, Congrats! well one of them i couldnt even find to play it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
The lack of replys should tell you by now that most dont seem to care about playing Foundry missions, i think the Authors need more material to work with etc, as for the winners, Congrats! well one of them i couldnt even find to play it.
If the mission has level 31 enemy mobs, you won't find it on your lvl 21 character, if that is the case.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-11-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm glad people liked my mission. I'm also glad that the thing actually worked properly, since the few people I had look at it were telling me to fix things up until the day before submission. (Thrice-damned "shows up in publish, but not in preview" issues.) You wouldn't believe how much I poured over Kirkfat's tutorial videos and the Starbase UGC pages looking for answers on how to do things I might have missed.

Personally, I'm still trying to find the time just to finish playing through all the other entries. Haven't had much time to play lately. Enjoying them all, with Grazorak City, Chroniton Effect, and Death Clock being my favorites out of them (so far. Haven't gotten to the Klingon entries yet).

I'm hoping that the Foundry itself gets expanded on soon. As it is now, there's an awful lot of having to jerry-rig things and use work-arounds to do things that one would think would already be do-able with the Foundry. It's great that we have the Foundry, since it's a wonderful addition to the game, and is (mostly) fun to use, but I think I'll personally hold off on any new major projects with it until the next big Foundry update rolls along.

Grazorak City, for example, I feel is a perfect example of why we need support for multiple ways to complete an objective and "optional sidequest"-type deals. I was one of those people who took my time and poked around as much of that mission as I could, and found myself thinking "I kind of wish the game could keep track of all the optional stuff I'm doing" more than once. Here's to hoping that such support manifests in the future, and authors revisit their good old missions to make them even better.