Lt. Commander
# 21
05-07-2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowecho71 View Post
I won`t play The Ground STF missions because of The Death Timer! I like playing The Space ones because I`m better at Those!
Actually the Death Penalty Timer unless there is a team wipe does not really effect you on the ground very much because a team mate can rez you out of the penalty.

I have not done a space STF since the new Death Penalty Timer was put in place. They were extremely boring before the change and it does not feel like Star Trek; it felt like I was playing a hit a target win a prize game from your local fair grounds with big bright lights and everything. With the new Death Penalty Timer put in place they are extremely boring still and completely unappealing.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-07-2012, 11:24 AM
While I disagree with the respawn timer as-is, I have not noticed any significant impact in any elite STF's. I tend not to zerg rush targets nor drag big mobs back to the spawn point, but I know others are not as fortunate.

I do believe that upon completion of the primary mission objective, all timers should immediately vanish so that players can collect their rewards and leave normally. There was one situation where the cube died immediately after one team member died. His respawn timer was well beyond 160 seconds, so he could not collect his reward before the map auto-booted him. This issue deserves correction.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-08-2012, 09:58 PM
simple fix for space go carrier fed or KDF

you don't die as much in those when set up right
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448

Its not the ships that people use, its the people that use the ships; you can have the most basic build with a player that knows how to fly their build and benifit the team the most, or you can can have a ship with the most OP build and have a player that knows nothing bout how to get the most out of it and not help the team.. you choose.. I would prefer the former and have a successful run due to team work without the headaches of a zerging teammate.

With teamwork, knowing the firing arcs and aggro ranges of the mobs aswell as hit and run tactics, you can avoid the DTP in space, on ground this is where the engi and sci medics come in handy to help keep the team alive (that and smart use of line of sight tactics when you can)
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448

Point seems to have been missed.

I have paid / I am paying to "play" a game. Not get hit by the invisible, pure imagination WIlly Wonka torpedo, then sit out for over a minute and play with whatever else is in front of me (pun intended). This just makes me want to logoff and find something else.

I quite literally was able to open a ticket to customer service in the time I spent waiting for the respawn timer. Was this the intention of the penalty timer?
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Respawn timer was a waste of time and resources.

Use your time to actually make improvements to the game, not make it even less desirable.

Think the guy who made them even cares what we say? lol
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Wow.

Hmm, I've been gone for awhile but was thinking of coming back to STO. Was there some loud and obnoxious demand (like the old "we want a death penalty" days) or did it just arrive out of the blue?

Now I'm not real sure anymore with "improvements" like this one.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-10-2012, 08:37 AM
I have to admit, whilst I enjoy the game there are a few things that iritate me about it, and this is one of them.

The Respawn timer - they might as well display a message that says "serves you right for getting killed/being naff/getting hit by the invisible torpedo of doom" (delete as appropriate).
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-10-2012, 08:55 AM
If there are any carriers in your team, ask them to set their fighters to Intercept and the torpedo problem is as good as gone.