Lt. Commander
# 11
05-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak
I'm glad they're gone. I never liked them. Ideally, they would be a disable option on them like there is for the kits.

I could understand them at warp, but at Impulse?
I believe canon is that Impulse actually uses mass to generate thrust. I would think that would be where they would be appearing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Really? I thought it was something to do with ionising particles and shooting them out the back, using the every action has an equal and opposite reaction formula to generate forward thrust.

But then, I'm not an Impulse expert. All I know is, I don't see them when ships zip about at impulse on screen, and I wasn't fond of them in game. Like I say, the best option would be for it to be a toggle in a menu, like the kits are (thank you to whoever told me I could turn them off!)
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Mine disappeared a couple updates ago and are still missing

I like them.

They help dispel that "I'm hanging in the middle of space going nowhere" feeling.

Please bring an option so people can choose to use them... or not use them.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak
Really? I thought it was something to do with ionising particles and shooting them out the back, using the every action has an equal and opposite reaction formula to generate forward thrust.

But then, I'm not an Impulse expert. All I know is, I don't see them when ships zip about at impulse on screen, and I wasn't fond of them in game. Like I say, the best option would be for it to be a toggle in a menu, like the kits are (thank you to whoever told me I could turn them off!)
They exist in the game because it would be harder to see if you're moving. Since the game has barley visible moving stars. But I also want a disable option.