Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I would hope this not be the case. Uniqueness has its place, after all.

That said, Cryptic has made it a point to mention now and again the possibility (at player request) to "promote" one or more Bridge Officers to a playable captain. If that is the case, there should be nothing stopping you from making your Orion Boff (who you acquired due to your no doubt tireless diplomatic efforts) into the above-mentioned captain (or me, my Breen! ). This way, you get your Orion, you worked for it, you can feel you EARNED it, and it doesn't lessen the uniqueness of another faction nearly as much.

What do you think?

-J
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-10-2012, 02:09 PM
I like that proposal, but I like playing as my character.

Now, if they added in missions where you have to split up your party to take on multiple tasks, I could see myself playing as my character for one part of the mission, and taking control of my first officer or the designated party leader of the other team. That would be fun.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-11-2012, 08:04 AM
In one way I would love to have access to all the races. Since we have Klingon officers defecting. It would make sense. But on the other hand. It just makes even a less reason to use the Klingon side. The game doesn't need that.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-11-2012, 08:26 AM
It's not like the Federation Klingons can access the Fek'Irhi story arc or use KDF ships though.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Still. Klingon has nothing that entices you even play it. Taking the races out, makes it even more pointless.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperthumper
There are actually 2 Orions in that movie, but one of them is in a deleted scene (and for good reason). It was pretty racist.
I don't know about it being racist, it was more to highlight how much of a dog Kirk was being.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-14-2012, 11:58 PM
bad idea. Some species should follow only one fraction. Gorns belong to KDF, just like Vulcans and Kitties belong to FED.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreofwar View Post
I would hope this not be the case. Uniqueness has its place, after all.

That said, Cryptic has made it a point to mention now and again the possibility (at player request) to "promote" one or more Bridge Officers to a playable captain. If that is the case, there should be nothing stopping you from making your Orion Boff (who you acquired due to your no doubt tireless diplomatic efforts) into the above-mentioned captain (or me, my Breen! ). This way, you get your Orion, you worked for it, you can feel you EARNED it, and it doesn't lessen the uniqueness of another faction nearly as much.

What do you think?

-J
Well I know about the idea and I fully support it, but why can't we have a KDF diplomacy reward? I know there are some Klingon fed boffs, but what if I want to have him/her wearing a particular KDF outfit rather than a Starfleet uniform? The other boffs wear their KDF outfits if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: I meant KDF Klingon, not KDF :p
Lt. Commander
# 19 Break of Faction
05-15-2012, 02:09 AM
Would be cool it is hard to belive every race how got taken over buy the Klingon Empire want to stay that way. Maquis is canon example of a break of spinter group. With many other shows hinting at other groups of that nature.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-15-2012, 04:35 AM
From SWTOR... but what if we get a KDF orion to 50.. then the species unlcosk for the otehr factions

(Ie level 50 Bajoran = Bajoran unlock for the KDF)