Lt. Commander
Just a thought, but would anyone else like the ability to choose to temporarily stop earning XP on their captain, and give all earned XP to their bridge officers (or even sacrifice those XP completely)?

I've just started another new character, and I'm quite enjoying just flying around in my little ship, doing the odd mission here and there, and just generally passing the time in a leisurely way. However, I'm acutely aware that soon my tiny little Miranda class isn't going to cut it any more and I'll need to either upgrade or be ineffective in combat.

I really want the ability to stay below Lv 10 (or 20, 30... wherever you choose to press the "no more XP until I say otherwise, please" button) for as long as I choose to, and not feel forced to get out of my current ship and into a brand new one.

Also, to add a bit of financial incentive to Cryptic for this, I can't help but wonder how many more people would buy the Connie-class (or the ship from Enterprise... NX-01???) if they knew they could use it for as long as they wanted for nebula exploration, foundry missions and the like. At the moment, you have to move on to something bigger within a couple of days because the enemies are killing your low level ship so easily.

Anyone agree?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Honestly, I'd love the option to stop earning skill points.

I much prefer pvp at lower levels, since it is devoid of zombietanks, P2W crap, carrier spam, Incredibly powerful and difficult to acquire space sets... ect.

The only problem I can see is that Cryptic might allow that stuff at lower levels. Well, that and some players (admittedly myself included) would stop just before making captain and then be... more powerful than players coming up through the ranks. And since we'd stay at that level perpetually.....
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2012, 07:25 AM
They rush the leveling to get the character to 50 so that you will feel compelled to buy the ultra expensive level 50 ships. The smaller ships are just there for fun, the VA ships are their real cash cows because EVERYBODY that plays this game will get to 50 pretty fast now.