Lt. Commander
# 31
03-18-2009, 08:12 PM
If the Borg are coming then one will need massive amounts of reserves of people and vessels. Construction and repair facilities are an absolute must and in numbers. Now when the game comes out will we be able to interact with 7 of 9 and get a tour of her astrometricts lab and dinner. As for The Doctor, it is looking like someone is going to have to do a rescue mission of some sort to set The Doctor free, and arrange hiding.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-18-2009, 08:34 PM
I would be more interested in her current "activities"!
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Interesting, when I read it, I could hear Seven of Nine/Annika Hansen speaking the words.

I know, that's irrelevant, but after watching Voyager while it was on the air, it's hard not to place the voice to the character.
Lt. Commander
# 34 Huh sounds similar
03-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Good story, it's actually funny because it sounds quite similar to my entry for the identification contest.
Do these two seem similar:

I offer him a drink and ask where he is from:

Stranger: “Huh, you locals sure are nice around here.” “Not like back in Glisne.”

You :“Glisne?”

Stranger: “Yeah not many people have heard about us. Well I’m a Sporian, the name's Ish’Yal, or Ish for short,” “We live on a planet called Glisne, far on the edge of the Delta Quadrant , in the Hinleer Sector.”

You: “Hinleer Sector, never heard of it”

Ish: “I wouldn’t imagine you would. You see long ago, the Borg took over the sector, we tried to rebel but it was useless. Then one day they just left. Guess they found somewhere better to pillage. Anyways, our people were afraid they might come back, so we had to prepare. To this day we have still been preparing.” “I came out here to recruit help to convince my people that the Borg are not coming back.” “But since I have left my planet, I’ve been having suspicions on what are real goal is. I mean why are we hoarding all the xoranium and why have our moons been explored?” “Something is not right.”

You: “I see, by the way, if you don’t mind me asking, what are your spikes for?”

Ish: “These are the reminder of how the Borg terrorized our people.” “The Borg tried to assimilate our people, but for some reason the only thing that happened to us was growing these spikes. Our assimilation-resistance is what let us survive so long.” “Ever new child since was born with these spikes.”

Ish: “Oh look my ship’s been fixed, I have to go.”

Ish stood up and walked away, then for a brief moment he stopped. Something was wrong, he quickly twitched, and I could have sworn he whispered “Resistance is Futile.”

See anything?
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-18-2009, 09:31 PM
I personaly see according to the timeline the Fed within the Voyager had returned at the place of studies in the Daystom.

To have timetravel in the game don't necessary has to be like the shattered universe. Just think about a D7 Battlecruiser in a fleet of ships from this era. Like a Bird of Prey (K'Tink class), a Vor'cha or even a K'Vor'cha.
For the Fed would either the Steamrunner class, or Sabre serve as well 2385 more alike the Luna. Further on along the Achilies, or Norway... Ofcourse a Romulan shuttle or raider would interessed me also.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-18-2009, 09:35 PM
A very, very good read. I think that the Voyager line will play a great role with STO. And I HOPE that we do see Captain Chaoktay. More over, Icheb and of course, Naomi Wileman!

Perhaps several story based content missions having them as a 'specail' guest among your crew?

Kudos to those who took the time into making that interview... almost reminds me of what I would have done. Like with some of my work I have already done here.

Keep it up!
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-18-2009, 09:36 PM
good read, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Simply excellent.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-18-2009, 10:04 PM
that was boring but i guess its better than nothing
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-18-2009, 10:08 PM
This was something new but I is also something we all ready did kow about the Borg.