Lt. Commander
# 21
03-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
No no no... This was going on looong before the camera zoom was moved around. (Also, I think the current Camera zoom is very much Fine.)
As someone who has been following along with the zoom issue, I can say this: it isn't about the camera zoom being moved around recently. As I understood it, the reason for some of the changes to zoom were because when they went to adjust it for the much-larger Odyssey/Bortas', they discovered there were things in the camera code that were actually broken. I believe that what Tumerboy means is that the broken coding is what is causing your problem, and that was there before they changed the zoom - and it hasn't been completely fixed yet.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-26-2012, 05:04 PM
I first noticed this issue when strolling around my Connie interior.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/467...rwithblank.jpg

It sounds like it may be more complex, but I have been able to fix it by changing lighting quality from high (where it is now for me and is for the picture above) to low. Then all the missing textures come back. I tried changing every other setting, but that's the only one that had an effect.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-02-2012, 04:52 AM
I am having the same trouble but if you turn your lighting quality to low the black bits go away completely. But obviously the quality is a lot worse. It's a choice between blackness or dullness.

High Light Quality Settings

Low Light Quality Settings
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Well im playing this game now a while.. but for me there are all textures showing correctly...

im using ati radeon 4670 with 1GB

i use the original cryptic launcher from free 2 play

system winXP pro sp 3

3,2 GB RAM

the game runs great on HD settings ( also 1080p)

maybe you guys should consider updating your GFX card drivers ... or reinstalling the game or both.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-02-2012, 10:36 AM
It only affects some cards, some drivers, etc.

But the problem really is on us. We are working on it. The automation we attempted, apparently did not work, so we're manually cleaning up files now. There are a lot of files, so it's going to take a while. Apologies for the black patches in the meantime.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-10-2012, 05:57 AM
not sure if its in the correct thread....

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...exture_sto.png

here you can see that - after the latest patch, my game shows glitched meshes. - i do NOT think it is actually textures ... it rather looks like mis-coordinated triangles/meshes. as you can see - the glitched mesh actually also draws shadows and is affected by other full screen effects.

this does not only happen in the character selection screen, but ingame as well.

i m running the game on an ATI radeon 4350 with 1gb - the card is not overheated, nither is the computer cpu. - i have updated it to the latest catalyst drivers and experimented with both, ingame visual options as well as catalyst forced video options.

edit: fixed the problem ...

reverted back from catalyst 12.4 to 11.9 ... all mesh errors are gone.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Quick update that I posted to another thread:
(http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...30&postcount=7)

Hey guys, I've talked about this issue before, but I'll recap.

These are not missing textures. The textures are there. The issue is with the normals of a given triangle. There was an error in our exporter a while back, that created bad normals for some of our geometry. That error has since been corrected, but many of the models exported during that time suffer from this issue.

We have been working to correct these as we can find them. We were attempting to find some way to automate the process so that we could get it done more quickly, but that has failed, and we are left to do this by hand, one set of models at a time.

As such, that takes some time. In addition, the models I have reprocessed have mostly been in Branch 20, which you won't see until Season 6.
I know this is annoying, and please keep posting WHERE you are finding these issues so that we can continue to hunt these buggers down and fix everything we can.

I'll say for the record I've personally reprocessed Drozana, the Klingon interior set, the TOS interior set, and a number of other things I can't remember at the moment.

Sorry for the delay, please bear with us as we attempt to correct these issues.

ETA: The issue is USUALLY visible with DX11 turned on (which is why we didn't discover these until we started doing things with DX11). However, there are cases where people running DX9/10 have reported seeing these as well. This usually seems to be on ATI cards. Hope that helps.

If you are seeing these, and are running in DX11, switching back to DX9 may hide the issue in the short term. I have also heard reports that messing with various graphics options can also hide the issue, even with DX11 on.