Lt. Commander
# 11
04-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey47 View Post
As cool as Utopia Planitia is on the inside, it's the view out the windows that makes it something other than just another room with consoles. Also, give us the special doors that we can put in ourselves, and give us something to do with the sliding glass doors. I'm thankful for the map but it needs fixed. Some kind of word that that will happen would be appreciated. Then of course, we're still waiting for a door for the Odyssey's ready room, and we actually paid money for that...
You should see the view while spacewalking. http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/art...itia-295347034
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Anyone know if they made it where you can use the turbolifts yet that are on both sides once you come out of the transporter room? Not going to bother jumping in and trying to create something with it yet if you can't make it multi-leveled yet.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
Anyone know if they made it where you can use the turbolifts yet that are on both sides once you come out of the transporter room? Not going to bother jumping in and trying to create something with it yet if you can't make it multi-leveled yet.
probably because the map they released for the first contact event also isn't multi tiered.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Ryu
probably because the map they released for the first contact event also isn't multi tiered.
Yeah in my monkeying with it in foundry I confirmed that it does NOT have any level below what you can walk around in. The gigantic starbase model is cool, but just for show.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Apologies for the delay in fixing some of these issues. We had an issue with my having moved to a later branch, and not being able to edit the live map to fix these.

I have fixed these (what I can anyway), and the fixes should be available when Season 6 launches.

The missing doors are necessary because moving doors don't work in the foundry (as you can see with the glass doors to the conference rooms).

As such, the glass doors have ALSO been removed. It's unfortunate, but necessary until we can get a code fix to allow them.

The Thundercougarfalconbird (a.k.a. holo-ship monstrosity) has been replaced by a single Nova class.

I've added the UPS sky file (stars, mars, etc.) to the Foundry, so it can be used for this map. Sorry about that, it's my first time setting things up for the foundry and I didn't realize I had to go through more hoops to get it in there.

Anyway, again, sorry for the delay, but fixes should be coming in S6.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
The Thundercougarfalconbird (a.k.a. holo-ship monstrosity) has been replaced by a single Nova class.
And here I thought it could have instead been the Startrek Version of Voltron, Defender of the Universe!

"Let's form Thundercougarfalconbird!"
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Apologies for the delay in fixing some of these issues. We had an issue with my having moved to a later branch, and not being able to edit the live map to fix these.

I have fixed these (what I can anyway), and the fixes should be available when Season 6 launches.

The missing doors are necessary because moving doors don't work in the foundry (as you can see with the glass doors to the conference rooms).

As such, the glass doors have ALSO been removed. It's unfortunate, but necessary until we can get a code fix to allow them.

I've added the UPS sky file (stars, mars, etc.) to the Foundry, so it can be used for this map. Sorry about that, it's my first time setting things up for the foundry and I didn't realize I had to go through more hoops to get it in there.

Anyway, again, sorry for the delay, but fixes should be coming in S6.
Any chance the turbolifts will be made functional anytime soon. It's a really awesome map you've made and would love to beable to expand it to a larger facility in a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-11-2012, 10:04 AM
TB. you rock in all sorts of ways.

Thundercougarfalconbird ftw
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Any chance the turbolifts will be made functional anytime soon. It's a really awesome map you've made and would love to beable to expand it to a larger facility in a mission.
Made functional how?
If you mean by sliding doors, no, for the same reason that Tumerboy cited above regarding the glass doors.

If you mean functional as in it "transports" you to a different part of the map, also no. (This would be a fairly huge tech change.) The best you could do is fake it by creating duplicate maps and putting a map transfer from one to the other, using spawn points and stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Functional? How?

ETA: Reread the OP, do you mean make the doors work? Those doors are set up the same way as all of the other moving doors in the map, all of which had to be removed, because they can't open.

So. . . I could remove the doors entirely, but I think that would look bad on a Turbolift, I'd rather leave them closed.

ETA2: DRAT!

ZZZZZEEEERRRROOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :::shakes fist:::