Lt. Commander
# 21
05-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Negotiate Prisoner Exchange was significantly buffed a while ago, but it is possible those who do not read the patch notes are not aware of the changes.

Negotiate Prisoner Exchange gives a Green or Blue duty officer on a Success and a Blue or Purple duty officer on a Critical Success. In addition, there is a one in three chance for the officer to have the Resolve trait.

Asylum grants a Green, Blue or Purple duty officer depending on the success.

Negotiate Prisoner Exchange is an Uncommon assignment; Asylums are all Rare or Very Rare.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Negotiate Prisoner Exchange was significantly buffed a while ago, but it is possible those who do not read the patch notes are not aware of the changes.

Negotiate Prisoner Exchange gives a Green or Blue duty officer on a Success and a Blue or Purple duty officer on a Critical Success. In addition, there is a one in three chance for the officer to have the Resolve trait.

Negotiate Prisoner Exchange is an Uncommon assignment; Asylums are all Rare or Very Rare.
I am aware of all that, but it still remains that the Negotiate prisoner exchange is a single mission that you can only have one running at any time, then you have to wait on the cooldown before getting it again...there are many of the asylum missions meaning that you can have many running at once, its significantly more difficult to gain Blue and Purple DOFF's on KDF side due to the lack of refugees, this alone makes refugees SIGNIFICANTLY more valuble than prisoners and untill either prisoners are made able to exchange for DOFF's at the same rate and quality as feds get DOFFs from refugees, or you change the supports to give KDF refugees instead of prisoners, the KDF will remain at a big disadvantage over feds when it comes to gaining DOFF's.

Also somthing else i will mention, you say a success on the negotiate can give a blue and crit can give purple, i have seen neither of those happen (and i run 6 KDF chars who i DOFF with every day and i ALWAYS take that mission when available) so you may want to check that is working as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:

While that's true, a Fed who's finished colonial chains and has plenty of refugees will run 5+ asylums/day (in addition to 1 prisoner exchange/day). A KDF will run 1 prisoner exchange/day and given the crit rate of offer sanctuary will average 3 asylums every 4 days. If KDF could run multiple prisoner exchanges (eg, one that benefits from Human prisoner traits, another from Andorian, and so on) it would do a lot towards evening out the prisoner/refugee value disparity.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:

Another issue too is I've seen the Asylums are Rare or Very Rare but I see them quite bit more often then I do the Negotiate Prisoner... I even looked for quite awhile when actually looking for it and never found it LOL but I will just have to keep a look out for it to try it out see how well it goes... Just seems that it is a lot more frequent to find asylums than it is to find the negotiate prisoner which seems kind of weird being the rarity difference.

Edit: Finally found some in sirius 3 out of 4 I had time to take out there were able to pick it up and other didn't have a cool down on it so not sure why it couldn't get it... Oh well will find out how well it works or if it works when I wake up lol.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-10-2012, 04:38 AM
Quote:

there are 2 problems with this.

FED gets lot of Refugees through support missions.
KDF dont

KDF gets lots of Prisoners
FEDs dont
(critting strike against fugitive support network helped a lot though to give the FEDs a few more though)

Refugees can be turned in 10 - 11 Asylums.
yet the KDF has not many refugees to turn in to those, so these Asylums / Sanctuaries mostly can't be started anyway.

KDF has lots of Prisoners, but there is only ONE Negotiate Prisoner Exchange,
KDF instead should have 10 flavours of Prisoner Exchanges that can be run at the same time, instead of 3 types of Asylums per race which can't be started...

and afaik that mission lasts 20 hours + ?? cooldown..., so KDF has ONE chance at a Prisoner Exchange per day, while FEDs have multiple chances at Asylums per day

AND the refugees fit better to the required traits than the prisoners do.

example:
I currently have 6 Asylums running on my FED char with a 10-20% chance at purple and 50% chance blue
I have 1 Prisoner Exchange running on my KDF with a 3% chance at purple... and 20 or so for blue... and > 50% fail / disaster...
and i still have a chance to start additional FED Asylums next cycle if they pop up, i can't start another prisoner exchange because the one that runs has to finish first.

all the other prisoners i get are turned into missions that give me dilithium, which is nice too but doesn't help my Roster Quality.

granted... the Klingons probably utilize the Academy Grinders a bit more,
so it's not like there would be no way to get purples.
...but the Grinders are the BORING way to do it.

//edit:

oh and one more thing that should not be overlooked!

you can make the Asylums for Feds as rare as you want,
in the DOFFJOBS channel we have plenty of FED players sharing their department head missions with each other and throw around bridge invites to anyone in the chat.
Even with the highest rarity WE would still be able to start multiple of those in a day, because the DH's throw off any rarity mechanic implemented.

...but we do NOT have many KDF players who do that...
i very rarely see Bridge Invites from KDF players to anything.

Generally speaking, as a FED all i need to do is sit on ESD and wait until someone finds what i need on their Bridge,
as KDF player i am pretty much out on my own.

So high rarity does not hurt FED players that much, but it could cripple KDF players.

In particular those who are not in the DOFFJOBS channel or using the Sheet or anything like that.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-10-2012, 07:17 AM
I find all those very true... especially since I play mostly KDF I'm pretty much on my own to find what I need to find...

As well we need some more to do with prisoners the amount we intake as you said is far far far more than we can unload most of my 10+ toons on kdf are full of prisoners and hard to unload many of them and I have like tons of missions i cannot complete without dropping them in the mail or just dismissing them altogether as well hard to find chain assignements on same token.

Guess until I get a toilet adequate to flush them down ill just dismiss them for dilithium lol...
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
there are 2 problems with this.
You are right but FED and KDF gameplay must be different. Right?

Only one question about the disscussion:
What happend to "Offer sanctuary for refugees" mission?
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-11-2012, 10:54 AM
As noted, the stated goal is for Prisoners to be an easier resource for the KDF and Refugees for the Federation, while the respective value we would like to be the same.

It has never been stated that we are at that point now, and as time has permitted on the development side, there in fact have been numerous updates and adjustments over the past several months to bring us closer to this goal.

As time permits moving forward, we will continue to push towards this goal.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
As noted, the stated goal is for Prisoners to be an easier resource for the KDF and Refugees for the Federation, while the respective value we would like to be the same.

It has never been stated that we are at that point now, and as time has permitted on the development side, there in fact have been numerous updates and adjustments over the past several months to bring us closer to this goal.

As time permits moving forward, we will continue to push towards this goal.
I guess my take would be is the issue is known but its all about the time permitted to get it rolling... I can accept though it mostly being a dilithium source until we kinda get something that feels just as beneficial. I guess if there were to be a surprise or something that could be done on the fly... maybe something to do with these prisoners just at rura penthe since it would fit the theme...