Lt. Commander
I've seen a lot of posts talking about how people would love the entire map to be one seamless map without having loading between sector blocks. While I also wish this was possible, we have been told it isn't.

So I was thinking instead of trying to create one giant open map, why not just revamp the map we have? One of the major annoyances of the map is when you're trying to auto pilot to different sector blocks. For example trying to go from ESD to Beta Ursae block the Auto pilot will drag your ship along the boarder and often times stop multiple times asking if you are ready to warp the the Delta Volanis Cluster. Also as another example trying to go from ESD to Psi Valorum via The Regulus Block auto pilot first tries to take you to the middle of the Sirius Block to warp to the Regulus Block.

You should be able to auto pilot straight across the Vulcan Sector to the Argelius Sector or in the case of my other example in a navigation path close to the boarder, but one that will clearly take you to the correct boarder section and the correct time. Correcting the Navigational paths throughout the map would be a huge improvement in itself and I think once that's done people really won't mind the small load screens between sector blocks.

I would really like some other players to comment on if they think the navigational paths being revamped would be enough of a change to the galaxy map that it would be something you would like to see happen.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
I've seen a lot of posts talking about how people would love the entire map to be one seamless map without having loading between sector blocks. While I also wish this was possible, we have been told it isn't.

So I was thinking instead of trying to create one giant open map, why not just revamp the map we have? One of the major annoyances of the map is when you're trying to auto pilot to different sector blocks. For example trying to go from ESD to Beta Ursae block the Auto pilot will drag your ship along the boarder and often times stop multiple times asking if you are ready to warp the the Delta Volanis Cluster. Also as another example trying to go from ESD to Psi Valorum via The Regulus Block auto pilot first tries to take you to the middle of the Sirius Block to warp to the Regulus Block.

You should be able to auto pilot straight across the Vulcan Sector to the Argelius Sector or in the case of my other example in a navigation path close to the boarder, but one that will clearly take you to the correct boarder section and the correct time. Correcting the Navigational paths throughout the map would be a huge improvement in itself and I think once that's done people really won't mind the small load screens between sector blocks.

I would really like some other players to comment on if they think the navigational paths being revamped would be enough of a change to the galaxy map that it would be something you would like to see happen.
I think that such a change would be welcomed.

Personally, with regards to the map, Iíd like to see every sector flushed out a lot more with a lot more to do in each.

The Vulcan and Andorian systems are highly under-utilized! It would be really neat to give these two systems more of purpose in the game!

An Idea I had for the Vulcan System would be to attend a school on the planetís surface where you would have the option to complete a series of mini-games to test your logical deduction to ultimately earn a separate Logical Passive Trait.

Another cool social thing that could be done on the Vulcan Planetís surface would be hand to hand combat or martial arts using melee weapons.
Anyway, I could go on with such ideas for days.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2012, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't mind having waypoints I can add that go between sectors.

As for your stopping every time you encounter a dialogue, you can go into options under "Controls" and enable "Keep moving during content dialogue."
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Someone who agrees with me! the sector pathing issues would fix a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2012, 03:38 PM
There are a few serious inaccuracies with the current map. I'd like to see it these things fixed if they were to redo the map. While it's true that no official map of the galaxy's territories has been shown in the series, there are technical manuals and such that vaguely flesh it out.

First off: there's an unexplored nebula right next to Earth, even though that entire blue field you see in the upper left portion of the map is all Federation territory. All that blue has been explored, so there's no reason why Earth should be so close to unexplored territory.

The borders that define territory between the Federation and Romulans, and Federation and Klingons is fine as it is. It accurately shows that the Klingon and Romulan territories are located mainly in the Beta Quadrant as they should be (well, the Klingons skirt between Alpha & Beta.)

The other issue that baffles me is the location of the Orellius Sector. In order for the map to be accurate in order to allow the Klingons to access it from Eta Eridani, the Beta Ursae and Alpha Trianguli sectors need to be flipped around. As it stands, the Klingons enter Orellius from the West via the southern most sector on the map, while Orellius can also be accessed from the south side by going north from Beta. This means that the Klingons have to somehow travel through both Beta and Alpha just to instantly get to Orellius.

Either that or just move Orellius to the southeast portion of Alpha Trianguli...

Lastly: WHY IS THE MUTARA NEBULA IN THE MIDDLE OF BORG TERRITORY IN THE DELTA QUADRANT!???

Seriously, how did Captain Kirk and Khan manage to travel all that way out there just to have their famous battle?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusashorn

Lastly: WHY IS THE MUTARA NEBULA IN THE MIDDLE OF BORG TERRITORY IN THE DELTA QUADRANT!???

Seriously, how did Captain Kirk and Khan manage to travel all that way out there just to have their famous battle?
There is no Delta Quadrant in the game. That section is a area the Borg conquered. I would like a complete wolf 359. Not just a empty map...
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer9234 View Post
There is no Delta Quadrant in the game. That section is a area the Borg conquered. I would like a complete wolf 359. Not just a empty map...
Then why does it take us a Transwarp gate much like what we saw the Borg use to travel to the Alpha Quadrant and other areas in Star Trek Voyager to actually get there? Why is the opening to Fluidic space nearby?

Oh and on that note, Wolf 359 needs to be moved to it's actual distance from Earth in real life. It really is an actual star, but it's nowhere as close as the game places it.