Go Back   Star Trek Online > Fleet Administrative Station > Earth Spacedock
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Too bad
It seems your fleet is not international...
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
Too bad
It seems your fleet is not international...
Actually it is and we operate in GMTs 0, +2, -5, -6, -8, +8 and +10.

You never know till you ask,
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Bunch of the boys today did an operation today at the "southern borders" to counter the surge of illegal immigrants and drug traffickers. We may have tripped off our neighbour a bit. Not to worry, Federation diplomacy will soothe things tomorrow (Not today. Today is BBQ day.)

We also had a run in with the Borg, and well, look wthat we did to them!

Star Trek Online - Rednecks Vs Borg
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
One could argue the hull shape of the Socrates is banjo like!
Yeah but you don't see my good old gal Bianca donning her space suit and stringing the Socrates so she can play Dueling Banjos with the Borg.

Besides in space, noone can hear play the banjo anyway.

BTW, love what you labeled me as: Starship Researcher.

Curious to know how that title came around.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
Yeah but you don't see my good old gal Bianca donning her space suit and stringing the Socrates so she can play Dueling Banjos with the Borg.

Besides in space, noone can hear play the banjo anyway.

BTW, love what you labeled me as: Starship Researcher.

Curious to know how that title came around.
How about... Tier 3 science power Subspace Resonance Banjo. Debuff enemy morale and hull by 50%

The title? By observation :3
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Ah mostly because I play science oriented ships as a Science Officer.

That would be the most amazing power ever. I can imagine the Borg's response:

Sir the Borg are hailing us

We are Borg. We demand you to cease that disrespectful racket.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Today's operations log

My First Klingon PvP

Don't just fly blindly into battle. Look around the mission environment for any tactical or psychological advantage to use against your foes.

But if you -know- the enemy will fly blindly, lure them to hit the wrong target while keeping your trump cards hidden... until it's too late.

Emotions are also a Captain's worst enemy. They can also be a force multiplier if you can frustrate one of the enemy's ranks and cause them to break discipline.

Lastly, unconventional ship builds can be surprisingly effective because your ship then doesn't appear to act like it should. A tanking Bird of Prey for instance. It's doable if you know how to 'play' with your opponents' minds.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-19-2012, 05:49 PM
For the rest of this month, I focus on building science ships and employing them (in typical dramatic fashion) to dominate STF missions.

The key to science ships is flexibility. You're not going to rely solely on science to get the job done, but if you have the idea that a science ship is a sort of special warfare light cruiser... then you're going to discover a lot of untapped potential using them as fast attack craft. They don't deal impressive damage, but they can produce decent DPS, conduct effective riot control, and have about twice the tactical mobility of a cruiser.

I didn't mention anything about tanking... that's because with the science vessel shield bonus it's actually very easy to tank them if you know what you're doing.

Science Vessel STF Trials AAR
Video Log
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Ah, the lovely and talented Carmenara. Good to see you.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Encoding has been fixed for last weekend's 'Fast Attack Science Vessel' shakedown cruise video.

New link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veDePT8mzgo

This ship build concept and video was (loosely) inspired by builders' trials footage for the US Navy's Littoral Combat Ship project.

Demonstrates for the first half, random awesomeness, and high speed long and short range skirmishing tactics for the remainder.