Lt. Commander
# 1 Equal Opportunity Genocide
05-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Why are there accolades for murdering vast piles of some species but not others? When can we see accolades for slaughtering 1,000 Bolians, Ferengi, Andorians, humans and most importantly Bajorans?

Equal opportunity would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2012, 09:21 PM
There is something deeply disturbing but entirely egalitarian about this idea. Creepy...
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2012, 09:25 PM
The accolades are for fighting off factions, not species. it just happens that the majority of them associate one species with that faction.

One accolade is for defeating 1000 Cardassians *AND/OR* Jem'Hadar. (and it rewards a trophy for both races regardless of how many you killed of either to get there.)

Personally, I'm the Scourge of Starfleet. I've killed hundreds of Humans, Ferengi, Tellarites, Andorians, Vulcans, and other UFP races to get to that 1000 mark.... And I'm a Federation Ambassador!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusashorn
The accolades are for fighting off factions, not species. it just happens that the majority of them associate one species with that faction.

One accolade is for defeating 1000 Cardassians *AND/OR* Jem'Hadar. (and it rewards a trophy for both races regardless of how many you killed of either to get there.)

Personally, I'm the Scourge of Starfleet. I've killed hundreds of Humans, Ferengi, Tellarites, Andorians, Vulcans, and other UFP races to get to that 1000 mark.... And I'm a Federation Ambassador!
Nope. There are separate accolades for Gorn, Naussicans, Orions and Klingons who all belong to the same faction.

I await my reward for disruptoring the faces off of a thousand Bajorans.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2012, 09:52 PM
I await my reward for disruptoring the faces off of a thousand Bajorans.[/quote]

Your my hero. But only 1000? It's a nice start.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erixander
Nope. There are separate accolades for Gorn, Naussicans, Orions and Klingons who all belong to the same faction.

I await my reward for disruptoring the faces off of a thousand Bajorans.
Except that they do have their own factions as far as gameplay goes. I don't know why the KDF vassal factions are seperate, but they are. The Federation is just more integrated.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2012, 01:50 AM
its the way the game was set up from the start. im sure it wont get changed now as its technically too much work for not much return.

when you fight a klingon enemy the game sends you up against either the klingons, the gorn, the orions etc. they are not mixed groups. they are one mob of that species with their individual powers and stats.

with starfleet you are seeing the diversity working together as one unit, so when you kill them you are killing starfleet. the appearance of a ferengi, a bolian, a bajoran is just cosmetic and often generated randomly for the mission.

it would probably look a little odd to just face a group of 5 bajorans or 5 bolians, or having a diverse group of 5 enemies of different species would require 5 different mobs of 1 rather than 1 mob of the same 5.