Lt. Commander
Before, you could target the scorpion fighter and blow it up to kill a squad of romulans, getting an accolade.

For SOME REASON. You, cryptic, decided to make the romulans AND scorpion completely untargetable by anything short of deployed mortars. WHY did you do this? the Romulans can still shoot us, and unless you have a fabrication kitted engineer, the accolade is completely impossible to get now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2012, 07:56 AM
I noticed this. i could target and get the scorpion down to almost zero health (burning wreck flying basically) but he then almost instahealed. was a bit disappointing. and yeah those romulans can shoot a loooooong way
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2012, 07:56 AM
I just completed this mission last night with my science officer. Nothing to her arsenal more than a polaron pistol. She got the Grounded accolade for destroying the scorpion fighter, and all she did was damage about 25% of it before it flew off and started targeting the Reman NPCs who finished it off.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2012, 08:10 AM
*sigh* I'm talking about the PARKED scorpion fighter when you scan for Hakeev. The one where a romulan squad beams in. NOT the flying one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2012, 08:40 AM
He is referring to the accolade "Shooting Romulans in a Barrel"
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Replayed this one the other day and also found you couldn't target them. As I already had the accolade, I just moved on but did think it was odd not to be able to target ANYTHING over there. I even moved around got to higher ground but still nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Orbital strike is the prefered option I believe
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2012, 03:35 AM
The problem is that Cryptic put up an invisible wall between the two buildings. The wall doesn't go very high though. For tactical officers, you can jump on top of the little protruding domes, go into shooter mode, and toss a grenade over the invisible wall to detonate the Scorpion.

They really ought to fix this.

EDIT: They seem to have blocked orbital strikes from working too, but the plasma grenade toss still works marvelously. Maybe sci and engs can use a cryo grenade?
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vykorprime
The problem is that Cryptic put up an invisible wall between the two buildings. The wall doesn't go very high though. For engineers, you can call an orbital strike. For tactical officers, you can jump on top of the little protruding domes, go into shooter mode, and toss a grenade over the invisible wall to detonate the Scorpion.

They really ought to fix this.
And for science officers, you're screwed .

Edit: As a engineer char alt, orbital strike hit the imvisible wall. The mortars just killed all the romulans and ignored the parked scorpion.

Cryptic, please fix this.