Lt. Commander
# 41
05-10-2012, 07:26 AM
a bit confused there ...

i have an ATI card ... and i am actually using version 12.1 drivers

i am also running the game in dx9 mode ( tried dx11 - but it was no different )

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...exture_sto.png

this is the character selection screen - those messed up triangles appear in the entire game, too. - its not missing textures i think - but misaligned mesh parts.

the problem appeared just recently. - sadly, i cannot pin it down. - at one time, my computer made 3 different updates. - win7 64 updated 3 "important updates", at the same time the Catalyst suite updated ... and sto patched.

tried omega drivers, too - but that didn t work at all. ( win7 reverted to standard VGA mode )
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjalkarja
a bit confused there ...

this is the character selection screen - those messed up triangles appear in the entire game, too. - its not missing textures i think - but misaligned mesh parts.

the problem appeared just recently. - sadly, i cannot pin it down. - at one time, my computer made 3 different updates. - win7 64 updated 3 "important updates", at the same time the Catalyst suite updated ... and sto patched.

tried omega drivers, too - but that didn t work at all. ( win7 reverted to standard VGA mode )
Try manually downloading the Catalyst 12.4 drivers, uninstalling the current drivers you're using (remember to also manually delete the folder from either program files or program files x86), restart computer and then install 12.4. People have been reporting that has been correcting a lot of errors from previous drivers.

IF you're using an HDTV for a monitor and have you're audio going through an HDMI with the video to the TV the old windows 7 HDMI audio error might come up again unless you have already installed the hotfix before.
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjalkarja
a bit confused there ...

That actually looks like it may be a different issue. . . I'll refer it to CrypticCliff for expert analysis.

As for the Black triangles, here's my reply from another thread:
(http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...30&postcount=7)

Hey guys, I've talked about this issue before, but I'll recap.

These are not missing textures. The textures are there. The issue is with the normals of a given triangle. There was an error in our exporter a while back, that created bad normals for some of our geometry. That error has since been corrected, but many of the models exported during that time suffer from this issue.

We have been working to correct these as we can find them. We were attempting to find some way to automate the process so that we could get it done more quickly, but that has failed, and we are left to do this by hand, one set of models at a time.

As such, that takes some time. In addition, the models I have reprocessed have mostly been in Branch 20, which you won't see until Season 6.
I know this is annoying, and please keep posting WHERE you are finding these issues so that we can continue to hunt these buggers down and fix everything we can.

I'll say for the record I've personally reprocessed Drozana, the Klingon interior set, the TOS interior set, and a number of other things I can't remember at the moment.

Sorry for the delay, please bear with us as we attempt to correct these issues.

ETA: The issue is USUALLY visible with DX11 turned on (which is why we didn't discover these until we started doing things with DX11). However, there are cases where people running DX9/10 have reported seeing these as well. This usually seems to be on ATI cards. Hope that helps.

If you are seeing these, and are running in DX11, switching back to DX9 may hide the issue in the short term. I have also heard reports that messing with various graphics options can also hide the issue, even with DX11 on.
Lt. Commander
I just wanted to play around in my Akira, and noticed the entire top section of the saucer gone. Same with a stern section on the intrepid retro. If we were allowed to upgrade said ships perhaps this information would have come to light... any other ships with missing hull parts?
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-12-2012, 04:31 AM
Galaxy and Nebula that I know of for sure, there are others. This has been a problem for awhile now, ever since they switched up to dx11. Just another thing on a long list of stuff that never gets fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 46
05-12-2012, 05:22 AM
Cryptic's stance is that it is the card provider's drivers. And yes I get this something bad. whole sections of walls and floors with missing graphics. The other day it went a step further and my shoulder cape was missing it's graphics here and there, but those would come back once and again, weird.
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Ya know, just to help out you guys, I think I'm going to rerun all the missions (Well, except for the tutorials) on a Fed and KDF char in D3D11 mode, just to find all these "glitches". I'll also check the ships I do have. I have a feeling I'm going to be taking a lot of screenshots.

Just to clarify, Drozana (Past and Future?), Klingon Bridges and the TOS bridge are confirmed and now fixed, right? Just want to make sure so I can skip those.
Lt. Commander
# 48
05-12-2012, 09:51 AM
I think Cryptic knows their textures are messed up and they are fixing them slowly. The floor at the Klingon shipyard is a big one that has been fixed. I agree with the OP, the Akira is a bad one though.
Lt. Commander
# 49
05-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issueman
*snip*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
*snip*
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
*snip*

Did all of you ignore what I had posted directly above you? We are in the process of fixing things. I'm sorry that it's ugly, but you can adjust your settings to hide it for now, and fixes are coming in S6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberFoxx View Post
Ya know, just to help out you guys, I think I'm going to rerun all the missions (Well, except for the tutorials) on a Fed and KDF char in D3D11 mode, just to find all these "glitches". I'll also check the ships I do have. I have a feeling I'm going to be taking a lot of screenshots.

Just to clarify, Drozana (Past and Future?), Klingon Bridges and the TOS bridge are confirmed and now fixed, right? Just want to make sure so I can skip those.
I know I did the TOS bridge sets, Drozana in the past, the Klingon Ship set, and Qonos. I think the present day Drozana uses the Klingon ship set correct? If so, it should also be fixed (as would be anything that uses that set) If not, then I may have missed it.

Any help you want to provide would be appreciated. I'm positive we won't have everything found/fixed in S6, but we'll do our best to hit everything we can.
Lt. Commander
# 50
05-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Did all of you ignore what I had posted directly above you? We are in the process of fixing things. I'm sorry that it's ugly, but you can adjust your settings to hide it for now, and fixes are coming in S6.
Unfortunately that isnt the case. I have an ATI card(and have my settings on Dx9), but still see some black textures in both STO and Champs, even though I do not have this issue in any other game I play.