Lt. Commander
Does anybody else have this problem? I use the Borg for both captains and doffs and I find that I can't use open uniforms and such with the infected complexion. I've even harassed Tumerboy ingame about it as he handles art (but not that art). I've purchased a lot of uniforms and a lot of them are more open or short sleeved and all but the Borg complexion ends at a visible point on the neck making those costumes I paid for unusable by a lot of my characters.

Is any one else having this issue? What other character options aren't working with the costumes like that? I know neckscales (cardassians) does it as well, but what other skins or options that aren't working with certain uniforms that you would like brought to the attention of the art team?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-09-2012, 09:24 PM
A good point you have.

Another thing that doesn't continue below the neck are scars.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
A good point you have.

Oh, nice catch. I'd never have thought of that, but it would be great with some of the TOS tunic options
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
A good point you have.

ALL patterns for aliens don't go past the neck.

the only one that does is host spots(aka trill), and that's on trill/joined trill only.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post

the only one that does is host spots(aka trill), and that's on trill/joined trill only.
And it looks bad- they don't line up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post

More or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
And it looks bad- they don't line up.
Sometimes they disappear altogether. which is sad
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2012, 04:59 PM
well that's the point of this thread, people are paying money for open uniforms and such but being limited in using them because of a design flaw from beta. I can only imagine how many alien races are being kept from using them due to this. One of Cryptic's strong points is its character creation/customization for MMOs, and I hate to think that it's being sold short because none of the uniforms showed anything but head and hands at launch. My biggest hope is that maybe Branflakes or one of the Art team will see this and be like "oh yeah, we should get some one on that" and we can see more options in regard to finishing the long overdue skin types.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2012, 05:27 PM
My only wonder is... if they make the patterns go past neck... what if say some of us who figured out how our alien's pattern looks from neck down, and the one they add is different? .
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
well that's the point of this thread, people are paying money for open uniforms and such but being limited in using them because of a design flaw from beta. I can only imagine how many alien races are being kept from using them due to this. One of Cryptic's strong points is its character creation/customization for MMOs, and I hate to think that it's being sold short because none of the uniforms showed anything but head and hands at launch. My biggest hope is that maybe Branflakes or one of the Art team will see this and be like "oh yeah, we should get some one on that" and we can see more options in regard to finishing the long overdue skin types.
There is much reason to flesh this out too - a lot of players enjoy Star Trek as an alien character. Admittedly it's a bit offputting to see alien heads but human torsos, limbs and appendages.

Now, Star Trek TV is limited to using human actors to portray most of the 'playable' alien species we have in the game but being a computer game, STO shouldn't be limited to just human-like aliens.

The character creator is great as it is, but i'll be nice if it can do something completely alien, and not human-based.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-13-2012, 03:59 AM
CO and STO use similar basis for character creations.

But yes, it's be nice if we could have... idumo, multiple arms, different hands (two fingers+thumb, CLAWED ones for female aliens *ugh*, etc.), different legs (digitigrade), tails...