Lt. Commander
# 1 How do I kill Fek'lhr?
05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Finally loaded the Klingon story missions out of boredom, on the last of the Hell missions (i'm not gonna try and spell it), got to Tubby McLoincloth and I can't kill the *****. The 3 spirits were annoying enough with their near-instant-kill AOE attack, and now this guy has that plus 40,000 HP and no respect for personal space. He drops that AOE attack once, TPK, and gets all his HP back. Level 50 tac officer with a Squad Leader kit, phaser shotgun, Jem'Hadar set. My crew is 4 guys with disruptor compression pistols.

Is there any trick that makes this guy easy? And if so can I do it without have to go re-gear and do the whole stupid mission all over again?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Ugh NM. Got him by giving up on treating it like an RPG, went FPS, and circle-strafed him to death. I don't know who's dumber, him for being such a cheap and lame design, or me for not thinking of that sooner.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-09-2012, 01:08 AM
Welcome to the superlimited STO AI.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-09-2012, 02:04 AM
you may wanna turn down the difficulty. On elite they tend to get very difficult, to the point where you need atleast another player to deal with it. A healer for instance.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-09-2012, 06:25 AM
I shot him. That worked well.

As for "not treating this as an RPG." What does that mean? Strafing isn't allowed in RPGs? I killed the guy no problem without ever going into shooter mode.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-12-2012, 10:18 PM
To be honest I didnt had as much problems with Fek'Ihr as I did with the spectres...
They certainly lived up to their names; especially Cowardice (well the one with the sea of flames...).
My bridge officers also died like flies (I resolved this on another toon by putting 40 small hypo's on all of my away team boffs... , It certainly helped... xD)

Only thing you have to do is shoot and shoot and shoot some more...

Did I mention you have to shoot? Oh and never forget to... fire your weapon.

That is about the best advice I can give... Perhaps have a science boff with tricorder scan in your away team could help...

Fek'Ihr just has a ****-ton of hitpoints... When you shoot him you will just see small chunks of his HP disappear when you hit him; plus he can also heal himself with the bodies that are lying around... But in the end he is merely annoying to be honest... Just a friggin ****-ton of hitpoints you need to chew away...

Have fun!
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Exactly how does strafing them with Shooter mode make it any easier to kill them, anyway? It's not like it's actually affecting their ability to shoot you. The Random Number Generator determines if you get hit or not, not matter how much you're dancing around your target.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Movement does add to how hard it is to hit you, and movement does seem easier in shootermode to some people (like me).
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-13-2012, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
My crew is 4 guys with disruptor compression pistols.
Self explanatory. That weapon doing crap dmg. Also, secondary fire stun can be used only once per 15-20 sec since target recieve stun immunity. Load them with shotguns and hypos.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-13-2012, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanTom View Post
Self explanatory. That weapon doing crap dmg. Also, secondary fire stun can be used only once per 15-20 sec since target recieve stun immunity. Load them with shotguns and hypos.
Uhm actually compression pistols have a really high DPS at medium range, their single shot damage is just lower.