Lt. Commander
# 241
05-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Some more photos of the Jupiter, this is the U.S.S. San Jose.

This is the link to the lightbox, there are 10+ photos of the Jupiter in there as well as some stuff from Champions Online.

Enjoy!
LIGHTBOX
Lt. Commander
# 242
05-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Take notice of the new paint job on the Jupiter, it looks as if the ship was spruced up a bit, there may even be a new mesh over the model. The windows and graphics look a bit less stretched than normal.
Lt. Commander
# 243
05-12-2012, 08:17 PM
image is dark... might be a different hull type on that ship.
Lt. Commander
# 244
05-13-2012, 03:52 AM
Even the Terran Empire uses the Jupiter-class dreadnought:
http://www.stowiki.org/File:Terran_Dreadnought_port.jpg

Just my 2 Cents.
Lt. Commander
# 245
05-13-2012, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
Seriously! I was also miffed about it's blueness! I mean, look at it! The entire thing is very blue and blue oriented. So are we to expect all Catian ships to be this color? I'm a bit upset that they didn't use a bit of a more neutral color like the normal grey, now it seems some dev decided that the Catian race likes blue...

/sigh
-Quiiliitiila
Blue? You have a problem with blue deflectors and bussards? That's the only blue on it, making it very UFP. If anything the irredescing reds are way too Klingony. It's a purplish-brown, which also lends to looking very Vulcan. The general design reminds me a wee bit of the T'Pau class, of which I am a big fan. That and Romulan ships have lots of Green plasma lighting, not blue. Remans have that cyan-ish color going on.

Perhaps some of the design is in honor of the Reman's struggle for their freedom. Caiti is in that general region. Anyone know if the Caitians were also under Romulan rule at some earlier point? Just wondering. That may/maynot be a contributing factor. Either way I say, "Keep up the awesome work JamJamz".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblinian View Post
Even the Terran Empire uses the Jupiter-class dreadnought:
http://www.stowiki.org/File:Terran_Dreadnought_port.jpg

Just my 2 Cents.
That is so awesome. ;;D
Lt. Commander
# 246
05-13-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farginaut View Post
Blue? You have a problem with blue deflectors and bussards? That's the only blue on it, making it very UFP. If anything the irredescing reds are way too Klingony. It's a purplish-brown, which also lends to looking very Vulcan. The general design reminds me a wee bit of the T'Pau class, of which I am a big fan. That and Romulan ships have lots of Green plasma lighting, not blue. Remans have that cyan-ish color going on.
I've got no problem with it being blue to start. That's fine. The problem I have is that there are specific parts that remain blue even when specific items that would change the color of any other ship are applied. Take the Reman shields for example, they normally turn the whole hull a greenish-aqua color. On the Atrox, the ship does get changed but many parts remain garishly blue.

It just seems odd that they would make the ship in such a way without allowing any variance of the color.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 247
05-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
I've got no problem with it being blue to start. That's fine. The problem I have is that there are specific parts that remain blue even when specific items that would change the color of any other ship are applied. Take the Reman shields for example, they normally turn the whole hull a greenish-aqua color. On the Atrox, the ship does get changed but many parts remain garishly blue.

It just seems odd that they would make the ship in such a way without allowing any variance of the color.

-Quiiliitiila
Ah. True enough.

On a similar note. That unrolled nautilus shell part thing that Borg engines usually display on nacelles doesn't show up either. Surethe Atrox's nacelles are a bit more internal and could be hidden in the hangars. Either way, I kind'a wish that thing had alternate location options at the shipwright. Some peple aren't as big a fan of assymetry as I am. On purpose or a bug?
Lt. Commander
# 248
05-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Take notice of the new paint job on the Jupiter, it looks as if the ship was spruced up a bit, there may even be a new mesh over the model. The windows and graphics look a bit less stretched than normal.
Looks like a definite Visual upgrade, Hopefully a precursor to being made a Playable ship, , At least I'm hoping it is.
Lt. Commander
# 249
05-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
Looks like a definite Visual upgrade, Hopefully a precursor to being made a Playable ship, , At least I'm hoping it is.
Exactly my thoughts when I first saw it and noticed the differences. Fingers crossed!

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 250
05-31-2012, 06:51 AM
With the new fleet bases coming out, we know that there is a level cap increase coming soon after. It's my hope that with any luck some new ships will be released as well! There is also the quasi-rumor that fleet bases will have some sort of ability to make ships/improve ships and hopefully, possibly the Jupiter may factor in either of those theories.

Fingers crossed!
-Quiiliitiila