Lt. Commander
# 31
05-13-2012, 04:18 PM
I love the idea. However, what will be the drop rate?
How many Elite STF's are going to be needed for just one drop? 100? 1000? 100,000?
Any other "unmentioned" changes while you're at it?
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-13-2012, 04:24 PM
I think that if all 5 people in a STF are from the same fleet then there should be some sort of Starbase reward. Like a currency or ship crafting or specialty furniture
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Blitzy, Erixander,

Good ideas, new weapon sets would be awesome and I agree that new unique sets based on the various minor races tech in each faction would be cool.

P_Sutherland,

I totally get what you're on to there with the background story hints, I very much approve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .UnholyAngel. View Post
I love the idea. However, what will be the drop rate?
How many Elite STF's are going to be needed for just one drop? 100? 1000? 100,000?
Any other "unmentioned" changes while you're at it?
Well this thread as I mentioned in the OP is totally just for us to throw around some ideas at each other and discuss those ideas.

I would imagine that the drop rate would be similar to the drop rate for the MACO and Omega items. Of course any item Mk X or XI can be attained via EDC using the STF store.

Also from the last comment you made, you appear to be under the impression I work for Cryptic/PWE...

I do not, I'm a volunteer, simply a player just like all of you and again, just started this thread because I wanted to express an idea I had and allow others to chip in their own ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-13-2012, 04:30 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Good ideas, new weapon sets would be awesome and I agree that new unique sets based on the various minor races tech in each faction would be cool.
I just think that we're maybe focusing a bit much on things gotten from our overhyped enemies. Why don't the species that actually makeup both factions get to be cool?
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-13-2012, 05:00 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erixander
I just think that we're maybe focusing a bit much on things gotten from our overhyped enemies. Why don't the species that actually makeup both factions get to be cool?
I think that the type of set gear you're thinking of could be rewarded to the player from other types of gameplay, rather than rewarded from STFs. However if the gear comes from a faction that isn't affiliated with the Feds or KDF, such as the Borg, the Breen, I think that it's good for an STF based reward.

What I'd really like to see are some ideas for new (generally easy to obtain) loot drops that can be picked up from STFs, small yet significant and useful items that are fun and unique or merely cosmetically fun items.

The sets are what keeps the majority of players coming back for more and more, though I'm sure some people play simply for the fun of it. There's little unique loot in STFs, if you disregard the tech drops for the set gear.

Just my opinion, what do you all feel needs to be added to the STF loot tables if anything at all?
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-13-2012, 05:40 PM
I feel that the ground set should be obtained in the same way as we got the space set. So the Borg Ground set should be only available for 15 EDC total or 5 EDC for each piece, the Breen Ground set should be only available from the Breen FE series, and the Aegis Ground set should only be available from crafting.

Also, I was rather disappointed with the Jem'Hadar ground set with no visual changes to the armor.

For STFs, I feel that the gear from it should be based on the technology of the dominant enemy of the STF (Borg Set) and based on technology developed to work against the dominant enemy of the STF (MACO, Omega Force, and Honor Guard). So if there are more Undine and Iconian STFs added, then there should be sets (both ground and space) that is based on their technology and is "cheap" as well as sets that counteract Undine or Iconians and is "expensive". After all, it should be relatively easy to use an Iconian weapon with a few minor adjustments. However, creating a weapon that rips Iconians to shreds is much harder.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-13-2012, 05:46 PM
perhaps a simpler solution can be found with the romulan set. Offer a BoFF mission that consumes EDC that allows you to upgrade other sets, such as the Jem'Hadar to mark XII specs, or in the case of say the Aegis set could get another proc to be added of the players choice.

Another option would be simply allowing improved versions of existing sets to be purchased for EDC, like above, an improved version of the Aegis set could be bought (although an upgrade would be better).

The real problem is too much of this sort of thing and you run into it becoming the new crafting system.
Closed Thread