Lt. Commander
# 1 Why be a Gold Member
05-13-2012, 04:32 PM
..i dont have the answer. ive been Gold since day 1 and what do i get. not much 400 CPs and respcs for new characters. I LOVE STO and dont want to hate on the game but i find it harder and harder every month to justify being gold and paying 10. What could Cryptic give you to either keep you Gold or make you go Gold...any ideas ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2012, 04:40 PM
if cryptic made getting stuff off the c-store either free or less for Gold members thats one way. Gold members are already paying for the game they shouldnt have to pay to unlock ships and costumes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAMO View Post
..i dont have the answer. ive been Gold since day 1 and what do i get. not much 400 CPs and respcs for new characters. I LOVE STO and dont want to hate on the game but i find it harder and harder every month to justify being gold and paying 10. What could Cryptic give you to either keep you Gold or make you go Gold...any ideas ?
Well, as I see it... the $15 it costs me a month to sub to this game (well... effectively...) basically pays my ticket to skip the Dilithium Grind.

When I logged on last night, Dilithium was priced at about 305 per unit. With a 400CP stipend, I can buy up around 122,000 Refined Dilithium, which is enough to more or less outfit any ship I want with full Mk XI Very Rare weapons.

Not an entirely bad deal, if you have the cash spare.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2012, 05:53 PM
If your a life sub you get 400cp and you get to play a Borg officer And you don't have to pay any thing again.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Well....

$12.50 = 1000 Cpoints = 304,000 and I save $2.50 a month. So for the best ROI of a C-point to dilitium conversion, you are better being silver.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcom46 View Post
If your a life sub you get 400cp and you get to play a Borg officer And you don't have to pay any thing again.
...except for keys and ships and c-store items and starbases and godonlyknowswhatelse.

IMO, the only reason to keep up a gold or LT sub is if you want the vet rewards (if running around with a monkey is worth $300).

I was considering a LT sub, but NOT with the "lockbox" game model they have now.

ymmv
Lt. Commander
# 7 If
05-14-2012, 12:05 AM
If they do not put what you want in the game it is waste of time and money.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-14-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elis_Grant
if cryptic made getting stuff off the c-store either free or less for Gold members thats one way. Gold members are already paying for the game they shouldnt have to pay to unlock ships and costumes.
I feel the same way. In fact I think 'Lifers' should get to be Admirals from the jump and get EVERYTHING free.

I feel bad for some of you who have sunk a ton of money into this game. I mean I do love playing it. I average 5 hours a day, mostly DSE's.

Further more Lifer's should get to be any ship in the game, not just limited to FED or IKS ships.

My idea:

Gold Members:
  • 400 Dilithium per day
  • Free ship every month
  • Exclusive costumes for characters
  • Exclusive ship consoles
  • Exclusive ship weaponry

Life Members:

All of the above + (no dilithium, not needed)
  • More Exclusive selection of ships (can play as ANY ship in game)
  • More Exclusive missions
  • More Exclusive costumes for ships and characters
  • All FED, IKS ships unlocked
  • Play with new ships 30 days before everyone else
  • Play as Borg during PvP and PvE (Cubes, speres ect.)
  • Foundy status unlocked automaticaly
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-14-2012, 05:14 AM
I would like to see a unlimited dil refine, and maybe something special like double dil earnings or half price off c-store consumables / visuals. Ships I think we should pay the same for!

I would not like to make a difference between gold and life members as that is not fair. I paid $299.00 for my life sub, but I got that as I hate monthly subscriptions so I got that from day 1. So the lifers super duper awesome benefit is never paying for a sub again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-14-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAMO View Post
I am a gold member and I do not have the answer too.
Except veteran rewards, I do not see ant reason... the 400 Cpoint per month and all the other things aren't enough because you can buy all of them from the cstore (except for playable borg character) saving your money.