Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelev
I see aceton assimilators very often, while not 100% every match I'd say two outta three wouldn't be overt exaggeration. Yes there are drops in usage where I will go a whole night without having to see any assimilators but usually its the exact opposite and I see them all the time.

The worst part is that in "longer" engagements such as with many cruisers/carriers fighting over a capture/hold objective, there just gets to be so darn many assimilators its insane.

The easy fix here is simply cap them at a deploy limit, just like hangars on carriers have (say 1-3 per person depending on personal cryptic feelings).

Beyond that mostly I'm not overtly bothered by other consoles, yeah theta+ewp combo is dumb, but reallistically just make them share a CD so they can't be dropped back to back (the entire purpose of shared CD's).
My experiences have been quite similar to your own. It's becoming difficult to find any KDF match without them, to be honest. The capture and holds seem to be especially active breeding grounds for them, as they are placed all over the objectives.

I don't mind that torps are required to destroy them, but I think their health could be lowered--1 torp should be sufficient per assimilator. I also agree about some sort of cap on the spawn limit or CD, at least from a single player.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
But we all know that Cryptic cannot even balance out their non pay2win consoles like... +3.5 or +4 to subsystem powerlevel for 1 console. IF anyone still uses such a console I'd say failsauce.
The reason they nerfed these console so hard is because there is more power in the game than they originally intended, between skills, equipment (Aegis shield, Borg gear, etc.), ship bonuses, and powers (I mean, pretty much everyone gains 20 power continuously through EPtX, with some cruisers gaining 40 with two EPtX chained). NOTE: I read this from one of the devs 2 months ago. I don't remember who said it or where.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikrit122 View Post
The reason they nerfed these console so hard is because there is more power in the game than they originally intended, between skills, equipment (Aegis shield, Borg gear, etc.), ship bonuses, and powers (I mean, pretty much everyone gains 20 power continuously through EPtX, with some cruisers gaining 40 with two EPtX chained). NOTE: I read this from one of the devs 2 months ago. I don't remember who said it or where.
Yeah, I read that one too. It was posted about 2 days before I saw my first team battery.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
Yeah, I read that one too. It was posted about 2 days before I saw my first team battery.
the hypocrisy eh?
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
I see the Aceton Assimilator almost every single match I’m in.

Often both Federation and Klingons are using the Impulse Capacitance Cell. Especially Birds of Prey, as if battle cloak wasn’t good enough to escape certain death.

Frequently enough the Red Matter Capacitor is used.
I like your suggestion for the Impulse Capacitance Cell. The -30 AUX shouldn't be a big enough thing to complain about after the burst you get from it (besides, that's what batteries are for).

FYI, the Red Matter Capacitor is a device, though. It's also fine as-is, in my opinion.

-J
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreofwar View Post
I like your suggestion for the Impulse Capacitance Cell. The -30 AUX shouldn't be a big enough thing to complain about after the burst you get from it (besides, that's what batteries are for).

-J
Thank you.

I just wish that Cryptic would follow the below basic rules of balancing for special consoles.

Special Console rules for Balance:

# 1: Any new Special Console must give passive bonuses to the user that reflects the purpose of the console itself. For example, the Tachyon Detection Grid gives a passive bonus to the sensor skill. Note: all special consoles that do not give passive bonuses should be reviewed and possibly moved to the device slot. For Example, the Federation Cloaking Device should be a device and not a Special Universal Console.

# 2: Any new ability granted by a special Console must share a cool-down with any similar ability or if no similar ability can be found; from another ability using the same system. For example, Vent Theta Radiation should share a cool-down with Vent Warp Plasma because both abilities use the system “vent”.

# 3: Some Special Abilities granted by Specialized Consoles should have penalties associated with them. This is most commonly referred to as a trade-off. Earlier in this thread I discussed a possible trade-off on the usage of the Impulse capacitance cell special ability.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikrit122 View Post
In that case they can just pull em out of the game because they are pretty much useless.

Never the less, if someone wants to run 100 to weaps and 50 to shields, they might want to put some more points in shields to max it out or something but i guess we have our precious +xx% Shield regen boost console or whatever its called.