Lt. Commander
# 11
05-15-2012, 03:30 PM
I know understand how HUMONGOUS the Atrox really is. BTW, are those things on the right, in the better pictures, like a place for the fighters to stay? That would be awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-15-2012, 03:53 PM
I would imagine the doors on the side are leading to a shuttle/fighter storage bay. It is impractical to keep the fighters covering the bulk of your hanger/shuttlebay floor out of combat. (Like in Elite Force 2, the shuttlebay had the shuttles lowered in the floor to open space)
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
I would imagine the doors on the side are leading to a shuttle/fighter storage bay. It is impractical to keep the fighters covering the bulk of your hanger/shuttlebay floor out of combat. (Like in Elite Force 2, the shuttlebay had the shuttles lowered in the floor to open space)
That's kinda what I meant. Like, those on the flight deck are the ones that are first out into the thick of battle, and that door is a shuttle storage bay that allows more to be in use if the need arises.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
The bigger pictures do seem to clarify that these things must be the Caitian stalkers, at least. I guess the Delta Flyer has a roughly triangular shape but these look different. At any rate, I love all the detail on this ship!
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-17-2012, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenis
Nah, you might fit a Nova class in there, but a Defiant is too big.
What?!

Whilst both would probably fit, the Defiant's narrow profile would lend itself better, since it's nacelles are attached directly to the hull and it is, basically, flat. The Nova has pylons and a primary/secondardy hull arrangement so would probably be a (marginally) tighter fit.

But the size difference is marginal anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenis
Nah, you might fit a Nova class in there, but a Defiant is too big.
That wholly depends on what episode of DS9 you happen to be watching.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-24-2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
That wholly depends on what episode of DS9 you happen to be watching.
Well, yeah, there is that! But from the game scale I think you could haul at least 4 Defiant types in an Atrox, and then maybe store the fighters in bays below the main flight deck, so that one the Defiant types launch, the fighters could go next. Or maybe even launch them Battlestar Galactica style