Lt. Commander
# 111
05-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadamsxii View Post
Aegis works well, it provides ALOT of power toward your Aux and Weapons systems, if you want to whack people quick, Aegis is the way to go in PvE. Never worked too well in PvP for me, but Im a cruiser driver and PvP isnt exactly our strong suit anyway.

MACO does much the same power boost wise but to your shields and to your weapons. Its what you want your support ships in Elite STFs to be using, either MACO or Borg. MACO's set bonus, the kinetic death ray (I have no idea what its actually called) is pretty good if your opponent's weakened to about 10%, and your kinetic weapons are cooling down. Shields don't seem to stop it either. It deals direct hull damage, just get fairly close.
Actually, you've got the power benefits a bit off. Aegis is built entirely for defense, boosting your Defense (dodge chance) and Shield capabilities. The M.A.C.O. set is also a defensively oriented set, but it improves your structural integrity as well, and as an offensive benefit gives you a chance at boosting your power levels with every hit you take and recharges your skills faster.

The Omega set has only moderate defensive capabilities, but the 2-piece strips shields off of enemies and the deflector improves your accuracy.
Lt. Commander
# 112
05-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoKnight View Post
Actually, you've got the power benefits a bit off. Aegis is built entirely for defense, boosting your Defense (dodge chance) and Shield capabilities. The M.A.C.O. set is also a defensively oriented set, but it improves your structural integrity as well, and as an offensive benefit gives you a chance at boosting your power levels with every hit you take and recharges your skills faster.

The Omega set has only moderate defensive capabilities, but the 2-piece strips shields off of enemies and the deflector improves your accuracy.
As per a good number of other players, I use the Borg deflector, Borg Engine, Borg Console and MACO shield. Though might go for full MkXI MACO or OMEGA when finally get a drop for the deflectors (the only pieces of each set I'm missing).
Lt. Commander
# 113
05-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
As per a good number of other players, I use the Borg deflector, Borg Engine, Borg Console and MACO shield. Though might go for full MkXI MACO or OMEGA when finally get a drop for the deflectors (the only pieces of each set I'm missing).
Tried full MACO and went back to Borg with MACO shield.
Lt. Commander
# 114
05-24-2012, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
in that case i would suggest all borg! 5 aux on borg deflector basically outweighs any stat the aegis deflector has to offer. and the tractor is despite its long cooldown very good.
Where do you get the console from (Borg one) ?
Lt. Commander
# 115
05-24-2012, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrelli
Roxy at DS9 sells them for EDC's.
Lt. Commander
# 116
05-24-2012, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrelli
The Borg ship external components such as deflectors, engines, and the regenerative shield comes from Roxy.

The Borg Assimilated Console comes from the first episode of the Undine campaign, entitled "Assimilation".
Lt. Commander
# 117
05-24-2012, 08:50 AM
when players says Omega set is good for dps, is that the full set being used?
Lt. Commander
# 118
05-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
Typically, no.

Usually, people use 2 pieces from the set, and mix the 3rd piece with something else. Most of the time, it's a Borg piece to mix with the Borg console, so they can get 2x 2-piece set bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 119
05-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang
Typically, no.

Usually, people use 2 pieces from the set, and mix the 3rd piece with something else. Most of the time, it's a Borg piece to mix with the Borg console, so they can get 2x 2-piece set bonuses.
And with the caveat that it only adds DPS vs. targets that have shields.
Lt. Commander
# 120
05-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Ultimatum
And with the caveat that it only adds DPS vs. targets that have shields.
I tend to fancy the Omega Shield for the Power Conduit Link ability. My ship builds regardless of class are focused on speed and the Tetryon Rider ability comes in handy against any sort of moving target.

I usually play PUGs so any additional shield stripping ability can be a good bonus if the team is remarkably low on DPS or something.

Adding on to previous posts above, the 2 pc Omega and 2 pc Borg are indeed my favourite for both Tetryon Rider and hull regeneration abilities. I always use the Omega engines and shields, with the Borg deflector.

When I was fresh into STFs I favoured MACO more for its resilience but then I realized speed = defence bonus + easier to react to changing tactical conditions.