Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
05-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exile688
Tac cruiser? How about the battle cruiser? KDF got science ships when they didn't have any too.
Well my logic was you did just get a ship, surely the fair thing would be to take turns so the next ship should be Klingon right?

Battle Cruiser comes with a Tactical Lietenant BOFF, Vor'Cha comes with a Tactical Lieutenant and Ensign BOFF, Surely a Lt.Commander BoFF for the more Battle focused Klingons makes sense?

I'm not sure how Science ships came into a conversation about Cruisers, but I'm certainly not denying that as I said an additional Cruiser would help their line up the most.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-13-2012, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym
My Atrox is tanking like a champ. Between ES3, sub system targeting, and polaron procs, I essentially shut down whatever I'm pointing at. I have A2SIF3, HE3, TSS2, ST1, and EP2S1+2, not to mention the borg 2+3 piece bonus. I'm tanking better then I ever did in my cruisers.

Just some food for thought, if you were holding out on the Atrox because you wanted something tankier.
Not to mention that setting the fighters on Intercept will help immensely against those high yield torpedos.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
My Atrox is tanking like a champ. Between ES3, sub system targeting, and polaron procs, I essentially shut down whatever I'm pointing at. I have A2SIF3, HE3, TSS2, ST1, and EP2S1+2, not to mention the borg 2+3 piece bonus. I'm tanking better then I ever did in my cruisers.

Just some food for thought, if you were holding out on the Atrox because you wanted something tankier.
I'd like to know how you get A2SIF3 on a lieutenant commander BOFF. I'm sure you meant A2SIF2.

I've no doubt you can tank in the Atrox, but engineering slots imo are better for tanking as they're kinda instant heals, vs HoT of the science ones. But yeah everyone's different.

I'm typically running with ET1, A2SIF2, EptS3, EptA1, RSP, AB1 (for weapon de-buff), Ewp3, PH1, HE1, TSS2, TT1, FAW2.
Not really a pure tank build but I want some offensive otherwise it's just a stand off or you can't tank forever.
I mainly only run STFs and in that respect its a fantastic setup. With borg 2 set piece and KHG shield + deflector gives bonus aux power and crew resiliency which helps in extended fights for passive hull heal rate.

And with my turn rate of 12 (after skills etc applied), I can manage my shield facings better.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Quote:

Two newer carrier pilots contacted me after reporting Atrox durability issues and I developed a similar build to yours with EPTS1/2 and double gravwells for full time riot control. Replace TSS2 with a gravwell and I think the listed specs are almost identical.

As a bonus I also made the ship torpedo-proof with 70+ kinetic resist + PH1. Both 'battlestars' never needed to use any hull heals so the Aux2Struct, ST1, ET1 and other heals were contributed to other allied ships.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Replace TSS2 with a gravwell and I think the listed specs are almost identical.
problem is, that TSS2 in LTd...gravitiy well 1 is Ltd.cmdr.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
problem is, that TSS2 in LTd...gravitiy well 1 is Ltd.cmdr.
I 'ordered' the ship specced with dual gravwells in the science slots but don't have a screenshot of the final boff config so some of the numbers may be off. Thanks for the clarification. We did replace his TSS1 with a sci team 1 instead.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-15-2012, 09:08 PM
I love my Star Cruiser and I'd gladly pay for a +1 flight-deck variant.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
would have loved to see the galaxy R with a flight deck...or one of the oddys. But i guess they have this massive hangar bay doors just for decoration.
the hangar door of the oddy must be atleast 40m brought.
And since the galaxy R is basically a slimmed down oddy it could use some real "refit"

PS: Of all starfleet ships...the star cruiser and all it's variations are, in my opinion, the ugliest ships in the milky way...only topped by that one sovy variation...the imperial i think it's called, and the Galaxy class variations. 5 or 6 designs that should have gone to the waste paper basket right after the first sketch was made.
Seconded. I want a Galaxy-R carrier with a commander science station.