Lt. Commander
# 21
05-16-2012, 08:00 PM
I would love it if they at least gave the option for the old stfs. I use to play them regularly for fun. Know I don't play them as much because they feel like a huge grind. I know when they first came out with these new stf's I wished that they had the option to do both. Not to mention that one of the best kits for sci were a drop in those missions that you cannot get any more. the Borg Medical Analyzer needs a come back. I don't think it would be hard to add a loot table to the old setup for that reason. there was a loot drop at the end of each boss.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-16-2012, 10:27 PM
I would also like to get the old STF's back .
If for nothing else it would seemingly add content -- without the need to actually create content .
As for loot , you could add the existing loot table to it .

If you do not want to return them permanently to the game , you could also run a "re-run" , like you are doing with the FE's .
Make all of them available for a month (not one at a time like FE re-runs) -- to make the whole story available at once .
You can have this as an "event" twice a year , and it'll make both old and new STF players happy !

We're not asking for the moon here .
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-17-2012, 06:27 AM
Cure and especially the ground portion was my favorite part on all the STFs. Removing one of the gates, removing the patrols, and just shortening the ground combat really depressed me.

Please bring back the old STFs they were so much more fun than what we have now.

You don't even need to add them to the queue system. Do it old school and form team, go in, and even if you still want to put them on a 24 hour cooldown after completing them thats fine (Preferred you didn't), but please give us the old STFs back I miss them.

Review the Cure Map I marked it up the original and new start points.

Besides removing one of the gates they also removed several Borg Patrols and instead of turrets at the gates that we have now we had Borg Squads with Elites.

They really didn't change Infected or KA ground that much, but they really changed Cure ground. Don't get me wrong Cure Ground is still my favorite, but it used to be at lot better, longer and so much more fun.

Cure Mission from start to finish Space, Ground, Space was the closest thing to a raid STO had. Now we only have mini dungeons.

Please bring back the old STFs they were so much more fun than what we have now.