Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-17-2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Ummm no?

The universal consoles add less bonus than specific ones...

A blue Mk XI AP mag = +26%
A blue Mk XI Prefire Chamber/Directed Energy Distrobution Manifold = +18%

Yes... there was a time when generic consoles added the same as specific ones, but that is history. Mixing weapons is a bad idea.

feistyfawn, don't listen to this guy and people who claim that hippe boats are better than single-type... Your boat is build with reason, not random... You WILL do more damage than a Hippie boat with universal consoles.
Damn it! They've changed it back again! Missed that in the patch notes.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
Someone on the global chat said rainbow ship is more usefull than one color ship.
This guy said he uses feature of each kind of weapon and his ship is better than same ship with full antiproton (console mag antiproton and antiproton weapon).
Is it true? I thought it's best using only kinf of energy weapon with the right tactical console. Do I made mistake?
A "rainbow" ship is a sign of a young player. If you have such, stick to normal STF where you will be at least on par with the NPC and can contribute some.
If you are going to go for PVP or ELITE STF, then you need to decide what type of weapon system you wish to have.
NO weapon system is better then any other, other then I would avoid plasma, as too many ship sets have major plasma resistance. Sure you will find some that swear by this, and swear by that.
Find a weapon type you like and stick with it. I have 4 diff weapon types that I use, on 4 different cruisers that I run, and I can not find enough DPS diff when I parse it out to matter at all. They are so close it is almost completely indistinguishable. Cryptic did a good job evening those out.

Most of us stick with Phasers, Disruptors, Anti-proton, and some run Tetryon and Polaron, just depends on what they are really after.

On my standard Phaser Galaxy(X), compared to a friend of mine who ran a STF with me a month plus ago who did a rainbow ship so we could see the damage output, he was averaging 26% less damageCompared to what I was doing per beam. We both went in with the same weapons, and max the consoles out for phaser and him generic.

So what this person stated is completely false. In a pvp match or an elite STF that deficiency will show very very quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-17-2012, 08:13 AM
What everyone has said here is valid... A single damage type is better than a rainbow......BUT, imo, it also depends on some other factors.

I have a Sci char, that uses a Carrier. With Bio Neural warhead, and all the other consoles i have, and the limied number of tacts on a carrier. I find having a rainbow scheme for turrets has been great. Since i cant really boost my DPS up much anyways through consoles, i like hitting with several procs at once. And since the turrets fire so fast, the odds of procs are better than say with Beams or Cannons.

I do not consider that ship "supeiror" by any means. But i also do not consider myself inferior as well. I do VERY well in Pvp on that carrier. But all Mark XI turrets and a couple of Rapid fires, i do pretty good at hurting shields....Enough for the fleet of Fighters and BoP's get to ya.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
NO weapon system is better then any other, other then I would avoid plasma, as too many ship sets have major plasma resistance. Sure you will find some that swear by this, and swear by that
By the way there is one side effect of it. Everebody avoid plasma. But its bad only for pvp, in stfs its just fine. If you have just leveled up and have lots of different weapons&consoles and want to be usefull in stf's (even normals) the easiest way is to get plasma weapons + consoles from exchange. It will cost ~150k ec for full set of mkXI rare weapons and consoles, and it will be MUCH better starting gear than those you got while leveling. Then you will get some borg salvage and replace it with energy type of choice.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Rainbow boats do less damage than a ship with a single energy type.

There are 2 times being rainbow can be good. collecting damage accolades or just general solo/teamed with friends craziness.

Someone mention "rainbow warrior"? That's an awesome name! Should be a title for getting all the energy type damage accolades . I'd use it!
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
Someone on the global chat said rainbow ship is more usefull than one color ship.
This guy said he uses feature of each kind of weapon and his ship is better than same ship with full antiproton (console mag antiproton and antiproton weapon).
Is it true? I thought it's best using only kinf of energy weapon with the right tactical console. Do I made mistake?
That person was either lying to you, or simply wrong.

The answer is no, rainbow ships are not better than single energy focused ships.

Stick with a single energy type, and maximize your consoles accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFox

There are 2 times being rainbow can be good. collecting damage accolades or just general solo/teamed with friends craziness.

Someone mention "rainbow warrior"? That's an awesome name! Should be a title for getting all the energy type damage accolades . I'd use it!
I'd get that . I always go for all damage accolades anyway.

Really, the only reasons I see NOT to have multiple energy weapon types is just you drain more energy, and you can't have a specific damage boosting console. Both can technically fit into the "min-maxing" area some people just don't care for at all.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curii
Damn it! They've changed it back again! Missed that in the patch notes.
I think you must have misunderstood a previous patch note. Perhaps the Mine/Torpedo/Generic Kinetic damage consoles issue.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFox

hmmm... what a excellent idea..
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Fly into any fleet action, stf and pvp with a rainbow build, and you will forever branded a rainbow warrior noob