Please forgive my ignorance, but I am having issues with a concept ship idea, so I thought I would bounce the idea off of the community. I am leveling a Science Build (Capt., BOffs, Sci-vessel, weapons, the works). Now, this build will be predominantly for PVE, but I am keeping my options open. I am speccing the build for VA
The Vessel: Reconnaissance Science Vessel
- I chose this one because the extra Tac. Station may allow this skeleton to hit hard with weapons.
- I chose Polarons because of the 2% proc.
- I chose turrets because of the fast rate of fire, and the 360 degree firing arc.
- I chose a Plasma Torp because, and tell me if I am wrong, I have noticed an AoE affect with the Plasma Torp. detonation. If I am too close to an enemy when my torp lands, I also get hit with the plasma "splash". So, AoE...
Tactical Consoles (MK XII - Rare to Very Rare):
Directed Energy Distribution Manifold
Polaron Phase Modulator
- I tried three Polaron Phase Modulators and then switched to this load-out because, strangely enough, I seem to hit harder with this set. I think the three Polaron Phase Modulators have a diminishing return after the first console.
Engineering Console (MK XII - Rare to Very Rare):
- To help with shield tanking
- Over-all Damage Reduction
Science Consoles (MK XII - Rare to Very Rare):
- Help with Energy Drain Abilities
Shield Emitter Amplifier
Engines: Combat Engines
Shields: Resilient Shield Array [Reg]x2
(*Note - I will go for the Resilient Shield Array MK II [Reg]x3 if I can find them, but I chose a Resilient Shield Array because of the lower "bleed-through" and the extra 5% damage resistance.)
Deflector Array: Tachyon Deflector Array MK XII [FlwC] [PrtG] [ShdS]
(*Note - This Deflector may not actually exist, but this might be the optimum case.)
That should do it for the ship, now the Personnel...
Bridge Officer Abilities:
Tactical: (1 Ens., 1 Lt.)
Tactical Team I
Torpedo Spread I
Rapid Fire Cannon I
- I chose Rapid fire Cannons to help "force the Proc" on the Polaron weapons, plus it is a 30 second ability...Happens pretty fast.
Science: (1 Lt. Commander, 1 Commander)
Polarize Hull I
Hazard Emitter II
Tachyon Beam III
Science Team I
Tyken's Rift I
Energy siphon II
Tyken's Rift III
Emergency Power to Shields I
Reverse Shield Polarity I
Now, I understand there are sets (Shields, Engines, Deflectors, etc.) that have set powers attached to them. I did not include them in this build because I do not have access to them yet. But now, that I have given all of this information about my "dream" build, we have come to the crux of this posting. In PVE, I keep seeing "bigger" enemy power levels fluctuate, but I am not able to keep an individual ship "gasping" for power.
Can someone share their wisdom with me on the weaknesses of this build, on the point of energy draining?