Lt. Commander
# 421
05-17-2012, 09:58 PM
The level of noob in tonight's ISE run is off the chart.

First thing I notice is that everyone is in either an odyssey or kitty carrier. No worries I think, low dps group, I don't really care to much if we aren't fast enough to get the option.

Charge in to kill the initial cube and 2 spheres. Takes a little longer than normal, still no worries.

Rush over to the left to take on the next cube. I am blasting away at point blank range and after some time notice I am the only one firing at the cube. Where are the others? I look around and three are sitting idle by the gate. I look down and one is blasting away at the generator. Just as I type, "Cube First", he blows it up. I then notice everyone has rainbow beams, I die just a little bit inside. Luckily the three at the gate are holding off the spheres with gravity wells. Me and the premature generlator proceed to take down the remaining gens. A few spheres get through and the option disappears. We are able to deal with it and we eventually blow the transformer. Even after all of this I still think the mission is winnable.

We go to the right side, well me and the generlator do, the other three stick by the gate and continue to get blown up by it. I tell them to get over to the cube, but they either ignore me or possibly don't even have a chat window. I notice everyone has ship damage, some of them have 5 or more damage indicators under their icons. Again, I die a little bit inside.

At this point it looks like it will be a mirror run of what happened on the left side, so I just roll with it. I take on the cube and again a generator is blown before the cube is even dead.

Next things really fall apart. Someone holding back the spheres leaves the game. I kill the cube. the spheres are getting to the transformer now. One player finally moves away from the gate. The other decides to stay and fight the gate and ignore the spheres.

Now the player that moved away from the gate joins me and my premature friend. He decides to ignore the spheres too and just fire at the generator with his amazing technicolor beam boat. Again I type, "Spheres First". No one responds. With two players we are unable to bring down the generator before a new wave of spheres heal it. Ugh..

I am a very determined player and I don't even recall ever quiting a PUG match. Eventually after about eight minutes of this endless cycle it dawns on me I have to leave. This really upsets me because I wanted to run multiple STF's on this particular character over the next hour and am now stuck with a penalty.

It's amazing to me that two players would sit for over eight minutes and just fire at objects with no results, while at the same time ignore team chat. I don't think I ever ran with a group that was more determined to fail. My noob meter has blown up, nothing surprises me anymore
Lt. Commander
# 422
05-17-2012, 11:43 PM
Walkincrow, was that out of the queues? I have to say I'm awed at the thought that anyone would queue up for elite without knowing when you can't hurt the gate. And yet it requires deliberate effort to move into position and do purposefully dumb things and yet not doing the obvious troll things like blowing generators on both sides. I'm trying to decide if they were some kind of super-subtle-patient troll, or a special kind of stupid (or both). Some people, you just have to wonder if they can breathe and beat their hearts at the same time or if thats too complicated.
Lt. Commander
# 423
05-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkincrow
After you clear the three level node room you go to the top platform and run into that generator thing. It kills you and you unlock the assimilated accolade. After you finish the mission visit Battle Group Omega and talk to Four of Ten and you will receive a Borg science boff.
Thanks, found it and now have my accolade and Borg BO
Lt. Commander
# 424
05-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiri
CSE:
The mission started and literally it seemed like seconds later that optional failure popped up. It was the quickest optional failure I've ever experienced. The first two center BOP's hit the Kang, no one covered them. Kind of funny looking back on it but communicate with your team.

Worst moments to date:
CSE can be a stinker if you wind up with a team who either don't listen or have their chat windows closed. I've rarely completed a CSE as, more often than not, the aforementioned team fly off with zero regard for the Kang, and kill the cubes. They subsequently get killed by the cube's Raptor spawns, which then overwhelm the Kang and those attempting to protect it, prompting the big red letters of doom to appear.
Lt. Commander
# 425
05-18-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
Walkincrow, was that out of the queues? I have to say I'm awed at the thought that anyone would queue up for elite without knowing when you can't hurt the gate. And yet it requires deliberate effort to move into position and do purposefully dumb things and yet not doing the obvious troll things like blowing generators on both sides. I'm trying to decide if they were some kind of super-subtle-patient troll, or a special kind of stupid (or both). Some people, you just have to wonder if they can breathe and beat their hearts at the same time or if thats too complicated.
Just regular queue. I have no idea what any of my other teammates were thinking on that run. Were they all trolls? I thought about it, maybe one or two, but all four? My best guess would be they were just a group of instant admirals with little experience in the game. I would of been happy to teach them how to beat the mission, but I honestly don't think any of them even saw what I was typing. It was painful at the time, but now is pretty funny.
Lt. Commander
# 426
05-18-2012, 11:52 AM
You know the elite channel is getting worse also. Seems people are moving from PUG to the channel and just starting games. ESP when IGE forms. I have no idea why that on in particular.
Lt. Commander
# 427
05-18-2012, 11:55 AM
I would assume folks jump on that one 'cause it's basically impossible to fail, apart from the optional.
A chance at shield tech is great, too.
Lt. Commander
# 428
05-18-2012, 12:42 PM
I disagree, IGE is easy to fail. Usually when it comes to the last room. Jumping, agroing, not healing damage etc... usually about after 2-3 runs people start to drop, and once you are below 3 you can't do it.
Lt. Commander
Remember everybody to go outside Sunday around 1630 Mountain time to watch the Dragon eat the Sun.

Sorry, didn't mean to scare everyone.

It's not really a Dragon, actually it's Planet Nibiru that will wipe out all life on Earth in December 2012. :p

See now, that wasn't so scary.

On a less Scary note having to do with STO, I got a Matter Antimatter Speciallist Purple DoFF today for 1,000,000 with Stubborn and Resolve.

That made up for my earlier OMG with the buying of the Klink that I still haven't been able to sell.

A lot of persistance pays off.
Lt. Commander
# 430
05-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenATL
I disagree, IGE is easy to fail. Usually when it comes to the last room. Jumping, agroing, not healing damage etc... usually about after 2-3 runs people start to drop, and once you are below 3 you can't do it.
I profusely apologize -- I misread as ISE. That's what I get for posting while also trying to hurry out the door for a meeting.