Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-15-2012, 11:03 PM
On the subject of Typhon and the Vesta.

Both are non-canon ships, and both require authorization from CBS and acquiring the rights but this is were the difference starts, in relation to the Vesta is just one person as the Typon is a now defunct developer and a publisher.

I am not sure were CBS would stand with the Typhon, my guess is CBS simply does not to use ships from other games because it muddles the waters, the moment you let the Typhon in you also let everything else from the Invasion game in.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-16-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon304 View Post

grylak, its not a matter of the way its built adding hull strength, its a function of the ship being very small. (Its probably about the size of on the the Atrox's wings, if I had to eye ball it. Might even be a bit smaller.) The smaller the ship means, while theres less hull to reinforce, theres less hull over all. I dont see the Typhon having a hull strength over at most 35K.
I see it as although the Typhon may not be a particularly big ship, it has a thick hull (much thicker than normal ships) to help reinforce it while in battle and the design of the ship. That would increase it's hull strength. But that may not be how hull strength is done in game. In fact, in game, it probably is done purely off it's size. In which case, it would have a lower hull strength.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-16-2012, 06:05 PM
it would be a good ship for the fleet
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-17-2012, 05:41 AM
The Typhon and the cat carriers are the future of the federation kinda brings a bit of BattleStar Galactica To Star Trek lol Everyones screaming Launch The Alert Fighters
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Heres a little video for everyone on the Typhon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haUED...eature=related
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucardcliff
Heres a little video for everyone on the Typhon
Um, there's no video in your post.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-18-2012, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
Um, there's no video in your post.
I see it. But it's just the intro to the game. Honestly, I'm a little dissapointed. I thought I was in for a music video type thing about the Typhon.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-18-2012, 04:45 AM
did you watch it all the way threw the ship is at the end of the video
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucardcliff
did you watch it all the way threw the ship is at the end of the video

I didn't say the ship wasn't in it. I said it was just the opening cinematic of the Invasion game. Which it was. The way you said it, I was expecting something more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5FmSmyHaCI

Only about the Typhon.