Lt. Commander
# 1 Second Wave bugs galore
05-17-2012, 02:50 PM
I was in a 5 man team today (KDF). Several bugs occured:

Defari ambassador chat greyed out option which others in team could vote upon. Including the 'mission complete' option. (had to time out and fail).
Could not find the guy to hand in the stem bolts quest in Quarks
3 people were locked in the conference room - doors glowing but un-clickable.
4 people were not flagged as having completed the mission and were therefore unable to claim a reward.

This is a total disaster. Re-running this mission as featured was a poor decision when it is left in this state. There were a lot fo annoyed players as a result of this in our fleet. These bugs existed before the re-launch and should have been ironed out well in advance.

Maybe some of it was a player error (stem bolts is a strong cndidate for this) but so many problems cannot be player created.

It shows the very worst of 'old school' Cryptic and I had genuinely thought we were past that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Guy to hand stem bolts: did you check Shon?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah...
Ever since this mission was released there are a number of problems seemingly tied to team play.
I've done it multiple times, both factions, and we tried all kinds of things to get it not to bug out, some worked, some didn't.
Nice, huh?
Some things:
Defari ambassador problem...
We discovered it's best to have one person on the team, preferably team leader to be the ONLY one to do ALL dialogue to avoid bugging the optionals. This means all other team members should simply close the dialogue boxes when they pop without giving any response. If another talks to an NPC out of order, it WILL bug. Yes, it get's a little boring for the rest of the party, but All party members will still get the accolades.
Stem bolts...
Look at your big map (M key) and look for the 3 small circles, it's 2 vendors and Capt Shon, talk to all 3 the last one will do the trade, then return to the trader, then to bartender, then to Defari Amb.
Part of party being locked in conference room...
Total lack of team co-ordination there. Make sure all other objectives complete before you enter the conferance room. Once you enter, the mission advances and the other parts not completed are gone since they are just optionals and you can't complete them nor can you leave until you complete the conferance room part.
Not getting completetion....
Everyone on the team should turn it in BEFORE warping to Bajor. Just close the window when it pops asking you to Warp and turn it in before you leave the map. Usually works.
If you do it solo everything works fine everytime.
Some searching will surely bring up those now old threads with some work arounds or solutions for some parts.
Based on past experiance (ie; the Devidian mission where you have to break up the barfight)
it'll take about a year to get it fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Yeah that not being able to turn in the mission because it says you didn't do it yet has been around since the FE came out. It was patched and fixed for while but a few patches ago seems to have gone back to it's old ways again..
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-17-2012, 11:01 PM
and dont forget the unskippable talkies your forced to sit through, like the conference room whinefest. on a sidenote when in kahlesses right mind did a GORN become the leader of the EMPIRE.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Everyone is an ambassador
no leaders are present

I want to know why the lowly captain (Shon) is speaking for the Federation while TWO Admirals are in the room
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-18-2012, 03:29 AM
You think this is bad? Wait till you try out Of Bajor with more than 1 player.

Hope you know some good hair extensions, cause you'll be tearing out your hair.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-18-2012, 05:18 AM
There are so many issues when playing this mission teamed.
We even split up so every person has his own side mission. But they bugged still.
Also the mission only ever completes for 1 player. The others have to do it all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-18-2012, 09:46 AM
I have to say that "The 2800" has been the most disappointing FE, in my own opinion. I understand that Cryptic was focused on new tech -- all of the FEs have introduced new tech or game mechanics to the game and they do make good vehicles for that -- but this time around, the story suffered too much for it. It really feels to me like the story was shoe-horned in around a number of game additions they wanted to showcase (Bajor, EVA action, Facility 2048 which is rumored to be a PvP map in the near future).

And then there's the bugs, yes. They should have just locked 2800 to solo play, when it comes down to it. Clearly they're building these missions mostly around that anyway, considering how insistent Cryptic was at depriving you of your BOffs at every turn in 2800 (which I find mystifying, actually). But the story really, really needs a sanity pass to clear up the inconsistencies. It's not a bad story overall, but there's just too many leaps over logic and common sense that need to be addressed.